The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 3.85 Problem on FS9 Startup

Hello,

I have been a long time user of version 3.85 for FS9 without any problems. Starting today, when I launch FS9 I get an error screen that pops up and says "The version of FS2004 is not compatible with this version of FSUIPC" I have never had this problem before. This problem started after I installed Captain SIm 727. I have since unstalled the 727 but I still get the error message.

Please see attached screenshot image of the error.

Any help would be appreciated.

regards,

Matt

post-31256-128689666105_thumb.jpg

I have been a long time user of version 3.85 for FS9 without any problems.

Version 3.85 has been superseded by 3.90 and is no longer supported.

Starting today, when I launch FS9 I get an error screen that pops up and says "The version of FS2004 is not compatible with this version of FSUIPC" I have never had this problem before. This problem started after I installed Captain SIm 727. I have since unstalled the 727 but I still get the error message.

As it clearly says, the version of FSUIPC you now have installed is so old that it does not even recognise the 9.1 update of FS2004, and is therefore telling you that your FS is incorrect for that version, which it is. If the check was not there and that ancient FSUIPC was allowed to carry on running it would give you inexplicable crashes instead. I don't think that would be preferable!?

When FS2004 came out there was no knowledge of the 9.1 update as it didn't exist then. So the version of FSUIPC then could not check for a 9.1 release. All it can do is see if the FS version number matches what it should have been -- the message you see clearly states all this!

All you need to do is stop using a 5 year old (at least) version of FSUIPC and install the currently supported one. I expect that really old 727 add-on is the true culprit -- it must have a really bad installer which doesn't even check that you have a later version of FSUIPC before overwriting it with such an old one!

Pete

Thanks for the quick replies.

The Captain Sim 727 replaced the 3.85 version with a much older version of FSUIPC so I just removed it and put my licensed copy of FSUIPC 3.85 back into the modules folder. Everything works fine now.

Thanks for the help.

Matt

I just removed it and put my licensed copy of FSUIPC 3.85 back into the modules folder. Everything works fine now.

Your registration doesn't just apply to 3.85 but to any version 3.xx. The current supported version is 3.90, so you should consider updating in any case. You will need to if you want any further support.

Regards

Pete