The simFlight Network Forums

fsuipc amd widefs

hello peter i have upgraded from fs9 to fsx and i believe i did everything correct.

fsuipc shows up in the sim ,

i installed exe. and i see it in the module section , i also put the widefs server and ini file into the module and loaded the widefs client and ini file onto the other pc.

had no problems with fs9 working , but im a little lost on why FSX is not responding.

do i need to add something in the ini config section like i did with fs9 . will i need to add the ip address below tje config section of the client ini.

thanks....Robert

i also put the widefs server and ini file into the module

There is no separate WideServer DLL for FSX, nor a separate INI for it. You evidently aren't reading the documentation! Delete them both.

had no problems with fs9 working , but im a little lost on why FSX is not responding.

In what way is FSX "not responding". Is it loading up? Is there an Add-Ons menu with FSUIPC listed?

do i need to add something in the ini config section like i did with fs9 . will i need to add the ip address below tje config section of the client ini.

For WideFS to work? Register wideFS when you install FSUIPC4, then with FSX running, go to the FSUIPC options and enable wideFS. There's no change to the Client end, that is identical for FS98, Fs2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSx and ESP (and CFS1 and CFS2 for that matter).

Regards

Pete

im sorry Peter i did read , but did not quite understand it.

i ran the exe and then looked in the module folder and it was there , i also loaded the sim and found the add ons , opened it up and there was fsuipc.

it is also registered to me and so is widefs, also it says diaable widefs, and i believe that means it is enabled.

so far i believe it is set up correct.

where i get confused is do i put the wide client s modules in the secondaery com just like fs9. i did that on the second computer and put them in the folder . and i started it up and it says it is waiting for a connection.

everything appears to be correct.

......Thanks