The simFlight Network Forums

Spelling it out, what are the actual benefits of FSUIPC??

I've got FS Commander to go with FSX. It tells me that I haven't got FSUIPC 4 and what with suffering, as yet I know not precisely why, 4 fps after getting 33fps without FS COmmander, I duly go ahead and buy FSUIPC 4. It still tells me that I am STILL without FSUIPC and no improvement in the frame rate.

I have tried to read the FSX/Modules/ ..etc but it doesn't make a lot of sense to a would-be beginner pc pilot

What, to a below par, pc pilot, are the real advantages of having FSUIPC?

At the moment I'm at a loss to put my finger on any discernible advantage.

Excuse my ignorance but is there somewhere which will spell out why I shouldn't try to live without it.

Regards

I've got FS Commander to go with FSX. It tells me that I haven't got FSUIPC 4 and what with suffering, as yet I know not precisely why, 4 fps after getting 33fps without FS COmmander, I duly go ahead and buy FSUIPC 4

You certainly did not need to buy FSUIPC4 in order to use FS Commander, it has an applications license. You only need to buy FSUIPC4 if you want to use any of the User Facilities it offers.

It still tells me that I am STILL without FSUIPC and no improvement in the frame rate.

It sounds like FSUIPC4 is not installed correctly, or FSX is not installed correctly. I'd need more information to help with that.

I have tried to read the FSX/Modules/ ..etc

Er, what does that actually mean? You don't "read" a folder. Folders are places on disk where files are kept.

If you want me to advise, please find the FSUIPC4 log files INSIDE that modules folder. There will be an Install log and, hopefully, a normal log called "FSUIPC4.LOG". Both are ordinary text files. You can read them with notepad, and paste them in a message here.

What, to a below par, pc pilot, are the real advantages of having FSUIPC?

Look through the User Guide, see if you want to use any of the facilities it offers. If not, you've wasted your money. You should have browsed through what it offered first, really -- the user guide is installed for you along with other useful documents specifically so you can find things out BEFORE spending any money.

Excuse my ignorance but is there somewhere which will spell out why I shouldn't try to live without it.

No, nothing except the user guide. But FS Commander needs it -- maybe you don't need FS Commander either?

Sorry, but you really aren't making a lot of sense. Please separate out the problem you seem to have with an application using FSUIPC with your worries about whether you've spent your money wisely.

Regards

Pete