The simFlight Network Forums

Regb Key

I had to reinstall my entire op system, and when I went to reg my FSUIPC.Dll. it would not take my reg key. The Key is . the dll. is 3.75. My old E-Mail address that this was bought under was cabineightyfive@verizon.net, My new one is cabin85@roadrunner.com Hope you can help so I can register my copy.

NEVER reveal your registration details in public! Luckily you didn't quote your name, otherwise your key would have to be revoked!

3.75 is years old and totally unsupported. Download a supported version (3.90), then register using the exact same details you originally used. FSUIPC does not automatically make you a new key just because you changed your email address -- use the original, the one which relates to the key you have!

Pete

Hi Pete, I downloaded the new version, and the key still does not work. When I click on the module in FS9 and then click on registration all my info is there except the key. I enter the key that I have and it tells me that the key did not register???

Hi Pete, I downloaded the new version, and the key still does not work. When I click on the module in FS9 and then click on registration all my info is there except the key. I enter the key that I have and it tells me that the key did not register???

It tells you that how?

If it simply won't accept it, you have entered something wrong -- your name, email and key must all be EXACTLY as originally used and notified. I am constantly amazed at the number of ways people find to spell their own names differently! Cut and paste from the original notification if you still have it -- else be a lot more careful!

If it is accepting it but still coming up as unregistered when you reload, then you are probably using Vista, and have let FS install itself in the protected "program files" folder. That will give you problems later if you have any add-ons, but meanwhile you should follow the instructions in the FSUIPC documentation for installing and registering FSUIPC on a Vista system. It isn't the same as it used to be because of Vista protections.

Of course it would have been far easier if you had backed up your KEY file as advised in the documentation, but it seems no onereven reads that! :-(

Pete

Hi Pete, Don't take this the wrong way but, I am not running vista, I am running Windows XP. I have my key, and the info when I go to register it is exactly the same as when I purchased it. Its not excepting the Key and I don't know why????? And I do know how to spell my name. So its nothing that I am doing wrong its the key period. Thank You

Hi Pete, Don't take this the wrong way but, I am not running vista, I am running Windows XP.

Okay -- as I said, that was only a likely case if it was accepting the key but still appearing unregistered on reload. You weren't clear about this, so I gave both possibilities.

I have my key, and the info when I go to register it is exactly the same as when I purchased it. Its not excepting the Key and I don't know why????? And I do know how to spell my name. So its nothing that I am doing wrong its the key period.

And it is not accepting the Key there and then, when you enter it? (The rejection there can mean ANY of the three fields being incorrect, not only the Key).

There is nothing in the key checking in FSUIPC which has changed, so you must be doing something different. Either that or your key has been explicitly revoked because you have published it or allowed it to be used by others. I can check it all here with the information. Do not publish it in a message, but please send the name you are using, the email you are using, and the Key to me privately, to petedowson@btconnect.com. I will check it here directly i receive it.

Regards

Pete

I have my key, and the info when I go to register it is exactly the same as when I purchased it. Its not excepting the Key and I don't know why????? And I do know how to spell my name. So its nothing that I am doing wrong its the key period. Thank You

Thank you for emailing me your name and the original email address. As you will see from my reply, you appear to have both your name wrong and the email address wrong, at least according to the original purchase details. Please get them right and it will work!

:-(

Pete