The simFlight Network Forums

Button Programming for Macros

Hi Folks,

Hi Peter,

today I had a problem with programming some joystick-buttons for calling macros.

First I wrote a file called "Erwins.mcro" with the following content

[macro]

1=L:OATC=inc

2=L:TIMEC=inc

After that I edited the fsuipc.ini located in the modules folder. I filled in a new section

[MacroFiles]

1=Erwins

Inside the [buttons] section I filled in the lines:

1=P0,23,M1:1

2=P0,15,M1:2

So far so good. But it doesn't take any effect. After the restart of FSX I could see that there were comments in the fsuipc.ini as follows (or similar):

1=P0,23,M1:1 << error 19 - line ignored >>

2=P0,15,M1:2 << error 19 - line ignored >>

What I did wrong? In fact, there IS an M in both lines.

Crazy, or not????

Thanks for your help.

Best regards from Germany

Erwin

After that I edited the fsuipc.ini located in the modules folder. I filled in a new section

[MacroFiles]

1=Erwins

Inside the [buttons] section I filled in the lines:

1=P0,23,M1:1

2=P0,15,M1:2

Why are you doing all this manually, when I so carefully designed it to work so well using the in-program options?

After the restart of FSX I could see that there were comments in the fsuipc.ini as follows (or similar)
why restarting FSX when you could merely press the Reload button in the buttons Tab?
1=P0,23,M1:1 << error 19 - line ignored >>

2=P0,15,M1:2 << error 19 - line ignored >>

What I did wrong? In fact, there IS an M in both lines.

The format for Controls instead of Keypresses contains a C. If you used the options to assign your buttons you would have obtained the correct syntax anyway, which is:

1=P0,23,CM1:1

2=P0,15,CM1:2

Buttons can be assigned to Keypresses (K) or Controls ©. Macros are just Controls -- as listed in the Controls list in the options. The format you are using is only applicable to [Keys] because Key assignments always must be Controls -- there is no facility to assign keypresses to Keys. There is no 'C' or 'K' for [Keys] because there is no need, but obviously [Keys] would need the 'M' for a Macro. So you get Mn:n is [Keys] and CMn:n for [buttons].

But thanks for the report -- I see there is an error in the Advanced user's guide in this respect, which I will correct. Strange, it has been there all these months. Seems most folks do use the Options dialogue. ;-)

I may make FSUIPC accept your format too, however -- there is no reason I can think of not to, and it looks like I was thinking that way in any case when I did the documentation!

BTW What version of FSUIPC are you using? The version number is ALWAYS needed, or I cannot usually help.

Regards

Pete

Hi Peter,

I use the last version (4.50), because I think it is the first one which is able to direct control Lvars via macros.

After a lot of trial & error I found your solution too (programming via button assignment in the fsuipc menu).

But thanks a lot. It helped me for better understanding.

Kind regards

Erwin