The simFlight Network Forums

Active Sky and SP1/Simconnect reinstall

Pete - I have read your various posts and instructions on reinstalling Sim Connect, and I'm looking for an update before proceeding.

I have FSX Gold installed, encompassing FSX Deluxe and Acceleration. I have a registered 4.5 FSUIPC installed in FSX.

I installed Active Sky Advanced, but get the following error message " A valid Simconnect managed version was not found to be correctly installed on this system. It is recommended to uninstall and reinstall the latest FSX SP update so this can be repaired." It instructs to uninstall SP and reinstall. Under my ADD/DELETE Programs, it indicates SP1 cannot be uninstalled. and it appears only to allow uninstall of full program, which I am hesitant to do.

With 4.5 now installed, is it safe to proceed with deleting the (3) simconnect files in the SxS Folder, and running the repair tool as you describe in your post on Uninstallng SImConnect, or shold I only delete one or some of these?

Any advice appreciated.

I installed Active Sky Advanced, but get the following error message " A valid Simconnect managed version was not found to be correctly installed on this system. It is recommended to uninstall and reinstall the latest FSX SP update so this can be repaired." It instructs to uninstall SP and reinstall. Under my ADD/DELETE Programs, it indicates SP1 cannot be uninstalled. and it appears only to allow uninstall of full program, which I am hesitant to do.

Does FSUIPC work okay -- is it reporting any problem? If not i think you should talk to HiFi Simulation and check before acting.

With Gold being FSX + Acceleration combined, the installer lists will only have the one entry for the entire program -- after all, it was just an updated FSX you installed, not a Base FSX and then some updates.

With 4.5 now installed, is it safe to proceed with deleting the (3) simconnect files in the SxS Folder, and running the repair tool as you describe in your post on Uninstallng SImConnect, or shold I only delete one or some of these?

Really, my advice for FSUIPC only originally applied to the Base version -- it gets rather fraught with the three versions of SimConnect being there. If ASA is only complaining about the SP1 version, then, if FSUIPC is happy with the SP2/Accel version (check its Log file to see), you might be able to delete the SP1 SimConnect folder only, then run repair from the disk. However, I think you ought to ask HiFi Simulations support about this before doing anything. It may be that their checking doesn't quite match what FSX Gold installs, somehow. Best to be sure it is an actual FSX problem first before possibly making it worse.

Regards

Pete

Hi,

This is a case where the SP1 stand alone is recognized as a bit different than the SP1 included in Acceleration.

Uninstall Acceleration, install the SP1 stand alone from Microsoft and then install Acceleration. Then ASA should run.

If this doesn't work, then please drop me an e-mail: jim(AT)hifisim.com

Thanks,