The simFlight Network Forums

Where can I find an FSUIPC full installer?

Can anyone point me to a download site that contains the full installer for FSUIPC3? The zip file on the official page only contains the DLL but I'm fairly sure there was more to it than just one file when I installed it all those years ago.

I'm trying to get CFS 1 working with it and am having problems making it run without abending so I'm hoping a full install will fix it. I still have the licence key but long since lost the software when I upgraded to FSX.

Thanks for any links or pointers!

Ian

Can anyone point me to a download site that contains the full installer for FSUIPC3? The zip file on the official page only contains the DLL but I'm fairly sure there was more to it than just one file when I installed it all those years ago.

The FSUIPC.ZIP file on the Schiratti site contains more than one file. It contains the User Guide, the Advanced User Guide and several other files too. How are you not seeing these?

As the User guide points out, there's nothing to installing FSUIPC3 -- it's merely a matter of copying the DLL to the Modules folder. Just one simple step. That's it! There's only ever been an Installer for FSUIPC4 (for FSX/ESP), and that's only because several other more complex things need doing for those, specifically concerned with SimConnect.

I'm trying to get CFS 1 working with it and am having problems making it run without abending so I'm hoping a full install will fix it

A "full install" consists of copying the DLL into the modules folder, exactly as documented. It has never been any different. By "abending" do you mean crashing?

Regards

Pete

The FSUIPC.ZIP file on the Schiratti site contains more than one file. It contains the User Guide, the Advanced User Guide and several other files too. How are you not seeing these?

Ah, once again I'm being vague or missing important bits, sorry! There are indeed a number of files in the Schiratti download but I was expecting an installer executable like you ship with FSUIPC4. Having read the User Guide I can now see this wouldn't be expected in FSUIPC3.

As the User guide points out, there's nothing to installing FSUIPC3 -- it's merely a matter of copying the DLL to the Modules folder. Just one simple step. That's it! There's only ever been an Installer for FSUIPC4 (for FSX/ESP), and that's only because several other more complex things need doing for those, specifically concerned with SimConnect.

In fact I did just that - dropped the dll into the CFS1 modules directory and then started up CFS1.

A "full install" consists of copying the DLL into the modules folder, exactly as documented. It has never been any different. By "abending" do you mean crashing?

Yes, here are the screenies.

One extra thing - the opening screen (the sepia movie of the pilots scrambling) plays perfectly well, it's only when I hit ESC to bypass this movie that the abend occurs.

p1.bmp

And a bit more detail...

p2.bmp

And here' s the log (I've set Debug=Please in the General section but the log appears to be saying it's still switched off?)

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.907 by Pete Dowson *********
Running on Windows Version 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 3
Verifying Certificate for "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator\MODULES\FSUIPC.dll" now ...
   SUCCESS! Signature verifies okay!
Running inside CFS1
User Name=""
User Addr=""
FSUIPC not user registered
WIDEFS not user registered, or expired
Module base=61000000
ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, MSCFSMAIN=FF7F
WeatherOptions(Orig)=00008027[00008027]
InitDelay: 3 seconds
LogOptions=00000001
DebugStatus=0
       94 System time = 12:35:59
       94 \\FLIGHTSIM\C\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator\

Ian

ps Pete, it's the bank holiday - this can wait until next week, no rush really!

And a bit more detail...

Okay. That certainly shows a crash in FSUIPC.

It might be rather difficult to ever get FSUIPC3 working in CFS1 -- that is very old and I've really not been able to regression test the many FSUIPC changes over the 10 years of development on any of FS98, FS2000, CFS1 or CFS2. The earliest one I can easily test on here is FS2002.

However, I'll have a quick look.

ps Pete, it's the bank holiday - this can wait until next week, no rush really!

I'm away after Easter, till the 25th.

Pete

However, I'll have a quick look.

I've had a quick look, and I think it may be the hooks added recently for mouse macros. I should have made that code dependent upon the version of FS being FS9, as I don't think those facilities have any chance of working in earlier versions in any case.

Please try this interim version and let me know:

http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/FSUIPC3909.zip

Regards

Pete

Hi Peter, got a little further this time but I'm now getting an abend in the CFS1 exe when I click Fly Now. I''ve installed CFS2 and the FSUIPC.DLL works so I'll have a play over the weekend to see what's available to me. I wouldn't spend any more time on this Peter, it's really just an experiment to see how much of my homebuild could be 'plumbed' into a fighter sim but it's no real biggy if I can't get it working, and as you said yourself these combat sims are really old!

Appreciated the help though!

Ian

Hi Peter, got a little further this time but I'm now getting an abend in the CFS1 exe when I click Fly Now. I''ve installed CFS2 and the FSUIPC.DLL works so I'll have a play over the weekend to see what's available to me.

Hmmm. strange that it would crash in CFS1 and not CFS2. As fasr as changes are concerned there would have been almost nothing separating tohse compared to what's happened since.

Give me the offset value in FSUIPC (i.e same details as before -- no need for pix), and i'll have another quick look.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete, the offset is 6e4f6e65 but don't forget that this it's now reporting combatfs.exe as the failing module, not FSUIPC.

Oh, I didn't read the report like that. sorry. I can't do anything with that -- if it isn't actually IN FSUIPC it may not be directly related in any case.

Regards

Pete