The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Window

I have just registered FSUIPC and I regret I didn't do it years ago. I have been able to setup my sim like I want it, thanks to the excellent documentation; however, I am now trying to setup some Macros, but when I drag the FSUIPC window so that I can get to the cockpit button, the window leaves a trace and it never clears up. This does not happen with other windows from the Modules menu (like Squawkbox). Any clues on how to eliminate this window trace?

I'm using FS9, Windows XP and two monitors hooked up to an Nvidia Gforce 6800. One Monitor is on the analog channel and the other on the digital channel.

I am now trying to setup some Macros, but when I drag the FSUIPC window so that I can get to the cockpit button, the window leaves a trace and it never clears up.

You shouldn't be referring to the cockpit when the FSUIPC options dialogue is showing. It is a "modal" window -- meaning that when it is showing nothing else is happening -- including re-painting other Windows!

It sounds like you are not following the instructions. After enabling Macro making mode, you exit (Ok) out of the options, as it says, then go about making the macros, or doing as you like even -- just as per instructions. When done making macros for that macro file, you go back into the options and turn the mode off!

Please do follow the instructions a little closer and you'll be okay.

Regards

Pete

Pete,

Thanks for the quick response. I did read the instructions but prior to starting the Macro, I was trying to view the cockpit behind the FSUIPC window. Sorry to have bothered you with this question; at 67, it gets harder to remember. :oops:

I have aproble with FSUIPC when i installed it my autopilots havent been working :cry:

Is the subject "FSUIPC Window"? If not you've appended to the wrong thread. You should start one of your own.

FSUIPC doesn't control anything in FS -- programs USING FSUIPC do the control. Stop using the add-ons you have, one at a time, till you find which one is controlling your autopilot. Maybe it is supposed to?

Next time you ask a question please provide rather more information -- version of Fs, version of FSUIPC, registered or not, what add-ons you are using.

Pete