The simFlight Network Forums

Trim problem with LD B767

I am using FSX with controls disabled and FSUIPC V4.413 controlling my CH yoke, pedals and quadrant and have no problems at all with the aircrafts in use.-

I recently acquired the FSX version of Level D B767 and everything works OK except the trim: when hitting trim up there is no response, when hitting trim down, suddenly pitches down, it happens either using the keypad or the programmed button.- I am sure it is a FSUIPC incompatibility issue because I made the following trials:

Enable FSX controls: the problem continues

Enable FSX controls and disable FSUIPC by deleting the .dll: the trim works normally.-

I tried with FSUIPC V4.408 and V4.50 with no results .-

Level D support only says what I already know, that is a FSUIPC related problem and I should delete FSUIPC.ini and let the program create a new one, which I did without results

Is there a workaround ?

thanks

I am using FSX with controls disabled and FSUIPC V4.413

Version 4.4 is out of date and not supported.

controlling my CH yoke, pedals and quadrant and have no problems at all with the aircrafts in use.-

I recently acquired the FSX version of Level D B767 and everything works OK except the trim: when hitting trim up there is no response, when hitting trim down, suddenly pitches down, it happens either using the keypad or the programmed button.

But FSUIPC doesn't touch anything you've not asked it to ...

- I am sure it is a FSUIPC incompatibility issue because I made the following trials:

Enable FSX controls: the problem continues

Enable FSX controls and disable FSUIPC by deleting the .dll: the trim works normally.-

I tried with FSUIPC V4.408 and V4.50 with no results .-

Level D support only says what I already know, that is a FSUIPC related problem and I should delete FSUIPC.ini and let the program create a new one, which I did without results

Since by default (i.e. with a default freshly-generated INI file), FSUIPC4 is doing anything except whatever may be asked of it by other programs (its main function in life being an interface for other programs and add-ons), it must be something else you have running or installed which uses FSUIPC when it is there and not when you don't.

FSUIPC is used by large numbers of LevelD 767 users without any such problems, which would obviously be a killer if not avoidable, so I think it really must be something you've set or installed on your PC.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete

I discovered the cause.-

It happened that the assignments and settings for the B767 were copied in fsuipc.ini from the B737 as I always do for new similar aircrafts in order to save time and efforts, but in this special case it caused the trim problem.- I found that making new specific B767 settings and callibrations fixed the problem and now the trim works OK.-

It happened that the assignments and settings for the B767 were copied in fsuipc.ini from the B737 as I always do for new similar aircrafts in order to save time and efforts, but in this special case it caused the trim problem.

Well, i did say it must be something you've set, but you said "... I should delete FSUIPC.ini and let the program create a new one, which I did without results", so I assumed that meant you'd tested with default settings -- i.e. FSUIPC effectively doing nothing.

I found that making new specific B767 settings and callibrations fixed the problem and now the trim works OK.-

Good.

Regards

Pete