The simFlight Network Forums

toga & auto pilot buttons are MEL'd

im running fs2004, windows vista 64 bit & have programed all aircraft's buttons & axis using fs. i have everything programmed & am very impressed with how well things are working now. two exceptions, both on the pmdg 747. i cant program toga or auto pilot buttons. also, when i turn toga & the auto pilot on using the mouse, the assigned buttons will not turn toga nor the auto pilot off. no matter what i do, it doesnt work. theres no problem with the other 3 aircraft i have programmed. any suggestions would be appreciated.

ive just recently become a "simmer" & am learning all the new stuff thats available out there. i'm very impressive & wish i had known about a lot of these programs sooner. if you had a choice in choosing a flight sim for yourself now which would it be, fs2004 or fsx? i hope its ok to ask this question here, but i would just like to know more about the pros & cons of both.

regards, steve

... programed all aircraft's buttons & axis using fs. i have everything programmed & am very impressed with how well things are working now. two exceptions, both on the pmdg 747. i cant program toga or auto pilot buttons.

The PMDG aircraft have their own autopilots which aren't related to the default FS autopilot used by most other aircraft. You have to use the shortcuts provided by PMDG.

Regards

Pete