The simFlight Network Forums

Worried about install

Hi, I just bought a licence for FSUIPC4 and WIDEFS so to use your software with the PEIXSOFT GA panel and Radio panel.

As they say the require a licenced version of FSUIPC4 and WideFS to work across a network ( http://www.peixsoft.com/index.php?page=ga-panel )

I currently have FSUIPC4 4.40 installed, I guess by FSMap but I am not sure, FSMap works fine at the moment across my network (without the use of WIDEFS, god knows why http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/fr/ibowd,,10650 ), I also use the M panel from VRI which use FSCUIP4 too I think (http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_infots_id=1899 ).

I downloaded the version 4.50, the beta 4.58 as well as widefs.

Now, I dont want to break my current setup by installing the new version of FSUIPC4 as I am not sure how robust is the installation process.

I can see in my fsx/module folder FsInsider.dll, fsuipc4.ini, etc.

I can see the following trusted line in my fsx.cfg C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.qzbenhbunecukkrtaoqlinlitqbrlqhrbkizwbca=1

I can see the FSUIP menu in option when I run FSX

basically it works. :wink:

How do I install + register the version 4.58 without breaking my existing setup? :shock:

Now that u have my mony plz help :D

Great work!

I downloaded the version 4.50, the beta 4.58 as well as widefs.

There's no 4.58 as yet. The latest "Beta" (actually more like an Interim Version than a Beta -- I don't put Betas on general release) is 4.511.

Now, I dont want to break my current setup by installing the new version of FSUIPC4 as I am not sure how robust is the installation process.

Robust? Against what, exactly? The install is good. If you don't update, you don't get support. it is as simple as that.

I can see in my fsx/module folder FsInsider.dll, fsuipc4.ini, etc.

I don't know why you mention "fsinsider". What is that? No relation to FSUIPC, for sure.

I can see the following trusted line in my fsx.cfg C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.qzbenhbunecukkrtaoqlinlitqbrlqhrbkizwbca=1

That's totally irrelevant.

How do I install + register the version 4.58 without breaking my existing setup? :shock:

You install 4.50 first, by running the Installer. Then you copy 4.511 (not 4.58, as it doesn't exist -- if you have something which says it is 4.58 be very very afraid!) into the FSX modules folder. That's all there is to it. There's no funny magic, no hidden strings. Why are you so paranoid? What on Earth has my software ever done to you to make you like this?

And you don't need to register again if you already registered!

Now that u have my mony plz help :D

I take that as an insult and ask you to retract it! I've never done this for the money, as you would know if you knew anything at all! The money enables me to spend full time on it, I would never have got much past the FS2002 version otherwise. I've been making free software for FS since FS4 days and only ever earned any real money at it till after FS2004, when my other sources of income dried up.

Please just read the documentation. The user guide tells you everything. Stop being unjustifiably paranoid about software that never did you any harm. And don't come here telling me I owe you anything in that manner. It isn't nice!

Pete