The simFlight Network Forums

Door open; multiple conditions

hi

researching the offset programming at the moment

reading a thread concerning Door open (when loading the plane was the request), you mention

"Gear down, parking brake off, engines not combusting? If all those conditions are true, and the doors are not open, then open them."

I cant think of a way to do that (silly me)

for - at least the simple - thing to do this would be to have multiple conditions on the definitions line

but I cannot find this documented

=condition1=x condition2=y ,Command

?

what am I missing?

another topic mentioned in this same thread, is the "InitialButton" going into the [buttons] section

and cannot be put in a [buttons.feelthere xxx] section??

for a first button when loaded could be 'reset eyepoint' (and 'Doors open" of course :))

for this is by default too low, allways (perhaps because my default situation is the beechking 350)

thx

mtjoeng

researching the offset programming at the moment

reading a thread concerning Door open (when loading the plane was the request), you mention

"Gear down, parking brake off, engines not combusting? If all those conditions are true, and the doors are not open, then open them."

I cant think of a way to do that (silly me)

for - at least the simple - thing to do this would be to have multiple conditions on the definitions line

but I cannot find this documented

=condition1=x condition2=y ,Command

?

what am I missing?

What language are you programming in? All languages have ways of combining conditions, whether as alternatives ("OR") or joint reuirements ("AND"). This inlcudes the Lua language, for FSUIPC plugins, even if you only do it by nesting "if" statements.

You can also even do it in FSUIPC INI file button programming, though it doe get a bit messy. You can only have one Offset condition on each line, so you'd have to use them to set flags and make subsequent conditions both flag and offset conditioned.

But I cannot really help you more until you tell me how you want to program things.

another topic mentioned in this same thread, is the "InitialButton" going into the [buttons] section

and cannot be put in a [buttons.feelthere xxx] section??

I wish you would not refer to other threads like this. Why not post in the other thread? It is not easy to cross refer.

However, "initialbutton" is a facility to assume certain (probably non-existent) button presses have been made to be actioned as soon as FSUIPC and FS are up and ready. They are never processed again. It is to allow certain cockpit initialisations to be dealt with.

These days this is really very much put into the shade by the ipcInit and ipcReady Lua facilty, where you can do almost anything on initialisation.

for a first button when loaded could be 'reset eyepoint' (and 'Doors open" of course :))

for this is by default too low, allways (perhaps because my default situation is the beechking 350)

Just set your eyepoint, open the doors, and save the flight, setting as you new default situation. Things like that never need any extra facilities for me or anything else.

Regards

Pete