The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 3.81 with FS9 on Win 7 throttle not recognised

I have installed win 7 on my pc and everything is working great in FS9 expect FSUIPC does not recognise my ch throttle quadrant at all, cant assign any throttles etc, is this a known issue, thanks

Two things:

1. FSUIPC 3.81 is so far out of date I really cannot comment. Please update to the currently supported version if you want support.

2. There's no difference for Win7. If Windows and FS can see your kit, so can FSUIPC. If they are assigned in FS then can be calibrated in FSUIPC.

Maybe you've got no drivers installed?

Regards

Pete

HI Pete

thanks for your reply, I have tried the latest version of fsuipc for FS9 also but it just does not see the joystick axis on my CH throttle quadrant. Worked beautifully on vista but no go on win 7 32 bit. I can see the buttons and assign them in fsuipc just not the Joystick axis. FS9 sees my Yoke and rudder pedals and even the throttle quadrant just FSUIPC that can not detect my throttle quadrant, very strange indeed. I am doing some testing on another win7 PC to rule out any issues with my PC. I think there is an issue in win 7 somewhere as FSUIPC has been very solid. I dont beleive there are any drivers required for the throttle quadrant, thanks for any advice I will keep troubleshooting

Wayne

Worked beautifully on vista but no go on win 7 32 bit. I can see the buttons and assign them in fsuipc just not the Joystick axis. FS9 sees my Yoke and rudder pedals and even the throttle quadrant just FSUIPC that can not detect my throttle quadrant, very strange indeed.

That's indeed very strange because the one call to Windows' "joy" API is used to obtain both button and axis values. Does it see the yoke and rudder axes, you only mention the quadrant?

Is the driver for the throttle quadrant a default one, part of Win7, or one installed from CH installation disks? I suspect that something isn't updating the registry data from the quadrant correctly. Unlike FS9, FSUIPC doesn't use "DirectInput" but the original "joy" interface which has been standard on Windows since Win3. The same interface was used on FS until around FS2002 times I think. And evidently Win7 32-bit does support the interface otherwise you'd not get the buttons recognised by FSUIPC.

Try the attached programs. "joyview" uses the same interface as FSUIPC, whilst "DIview" uses DirectInput, the same interface as FS9.

FSUIPC4 uses DirectInput for axes, but still the joy interface for buttons. When I did the re-write of FSUIPC for FSX I changed over because DirectInput does provide up to 8 axes (instead of 6) and several POVs (hats) instead on only one. But the work involved in updating FSUIPC3 for this interface is quite forbidding. I suppose if FS9 is going to have the long life it looks like having I might have to find time to make the transition, though. If I do, updating users might have to do some re-asssignment of axes as the same axes don't correspond.

I dont beleive there are any drivers required for the throttle quadrant

There usually has to be at least an "inf" installation file, for the Registry, unless it is all purely default operation. Hmmm. It might be worth trying to find the relevant .inf file from the Vista installation. Maybe the Win7 RC version has some defects in the .inf's they included. I'm using Win7 RC 64-bit on my two FSX systems. Maybe, depending on your answers and results I can find the relevant inf and compare it with the Vista 64 versions (I have dual boot capability still on one system). To find the correct part of the .inf file(s) I'd need some more data from you about what the Quadrant looks like to Windows. For this, please run HidScanner, attached also, and show me the Log. It should list all of the HIDs (Human Interface Devices) with details.

Regards

Pete

joyview.zip

DIView.zip

HidScanner.zip

Pete

So sorry to waste your time, i stupidly forgot that i still have to map in FS9 for it to become active in FSUIPC, just cost myself a day HE HE. Easy how you forget simple stuff when you dont do it very often. Thank you for jogging my memory, I was devastated cant live without FSUIPC, its made a world of difference to my sim experience, thank you

Wayne

So sorry to waste your time, i stupidly forgot that i still have to map in FS9 for it to become active in FSUIPC

"Map in FS9"? Sorry, I'm confused. You mean ASSIGN in FS? In your previous messages you weren't talking about FSUIPC's axis assignment facilities at all? Only calibration?

Everything I was talking about was purely on the assumption you were talking about assigning axes in FSUIPC. You certainly don't need to assign in FS first. In fact it is very bad to assign in FS if you intend to assign in FSUIPC!

Pete