The simFlight Network Forums

Hi Pete,

FSUIPC version : 3.817

Using from offsets 1400 to 1F40 (payload values) to write values to FS it is OK. The new values can be seen at the payload page from inside FS, but does not refresh the 30C0. If you change the values from inside FS then the offsets 30C0 works fine.

1.) Try to emply all of your payload.

2.) Check 30c0 offsets value

3.) Write to offset 1400 a value.

Result: 30C0 value is the same

1.) Try to emply all of your payload.

2.) Check 30c0 offsets value

3.) Change first payload from inside FS

Result: 30C0 value has changed

Not supported, for a long time. Please always update to a supported version (3.90 or later) before posting.

Using from offsets 1400 to 1F40 (payload values) to write values to FS it is OK. The new values can be seen at the payload page from inside FS, but does not refresh the 30C0. If you change the values from inside FS then the offsets 30C0 works fine.

Yes, I know, and it is documented that way as no one ever found a way to propagate the change through the system. You didn't read this in the offsets documentation?

These loadings can be changed, and this does have some effect, but such changes are not being promulgated to the overall weights (offsets 30C0, 30C8, 3BFC) nor balance (2EF8), and it looks like they have to refreshed, as FS overrides them from time to time. It has also been reported that FS can crash if a lot of changes are made here, so care and full testing is needed.

Pete

Sorry typo mistake. I use the latest 3.918. I do not know how I wrote 3.817. Anyway.

After checking, no offset refresh. So, the only way is to wait fs to refresh them?

In FSX with 4.525 seems to work fine. I can confirm that offset 30C0, 3BFC, 2EF8 are refreshing immediatelly. I do not know about 30C8 because I do not use it.

Not supported, for a long time. Please always update to a supported version (3.90 or later) before posting.

Yes, I know, and it is documented that way as no one ever found a way to propagate the change through the system. You didn't read this in the offsets documentation?

These loadings can be changed, and this does have some effect, but such changes are not being promulgated to the overall weights (offsets 30C0, 30C8, 3BFC) nor balance (2EF8), and it looks like they have to refreshed, as FS overrides them from time to time. It has also been reported that FS can crash if a lot of changes are made here, so care and full testing is needed.

Pete

After checking, no offset refresh. So, the only way is to wait fs to refresh them?

I don't think it will ever update them as a result of you changing payloads unless you visit the relevant menu and okay out of it.

It should be possible to find out what procedures get called to do the propagation, but it is in an area I don't know and I never got very far.

In FSX with 4.525 seems to work fine.

This is because with FSX came SimConnect which is (or rather was) an officially supported Microsoft interface, and FSUIPC4 uses that, not a hacked access.

Regards

Pete

This action is very critical for my software. Is there any way to send an ok button strike at fs payloads page throu fsuipc?

I don't think it will ever update them as a result of you changing payloads unless you visit the relevant menu and okay out of it.

It should be possible to find out what procedures get called to do the propagation, but it is in an area I don't know and I never got very far.

Regards

Pete

This action is very critical for my software. Is there any way to send an ok button strike at fs payloads page throu fsuipc?

Not really, because FSUIPC isn't running when you are in a modal dialogue like that. If you are running in an external process you can of course send keystrokes to the FS Window and operate the menus that way. It isn't a "button strike" you need but the Enter key pressed when the OK button has the focus. Generally TAB moves focus from control to control within a dialogue.

Regards

Pete

Not really, because FSUIPC isn't running when you are in a modal dialogue like that. If you are running in an external process you can of course send keystrokes to the FS Window and operate the menus that way. It isn't a "button strike" you need but the Enter key pressed when the OK button has the focus. Generally TAB moves focus from control to control within a dialogue.

I operate FS menus from a Networked PC via WideFS. That operates a bit differently, the keystrokes being send from a different thread.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

So, you say to use tab buttons to reach ok button(at payload page) and then send enter? Thats what i understand. I will try this way and I will inform you if it can work this way.

I operate FS menus from a Networked PC via WideFS. That operates a bit differently, the keystrokes being send from a different thread.

Regards

Pete

So, you say to use tab buttons to reach ok button(at payload page) and then send enter? Thats what i understand. I will try this way and I will inform you if it can work this way.

Windows dialogues, like the Windows themselves, are supposed to be usable without a mouse. Not necessarily efficiently, of course, but nevertheless, usable.

Before programming anything, just try operating the said dialogue using the keyboard only. You'll see what I mean. And you might find it quicker sometimes to use, i think, "shift + TAB" to tab backwards instead of forwards.

Take care -- the TAB order in dialogues follows the order in the definition, not any order based on their screen position. And some fields might be reached more directly by their key letter (usually underscored).

Regards

Pete