Axis assignement for Brakes

Hello Pete,

I have calibrated and assigned a USB joystick (Plasma) with following axes:

X -> nothing

Y -> nothing

Z -> Rudder

Xrot -> left brake

Yrot -> right brake

Zrot and the rest of possible axes -> nothing.

On another Plasma joystick are additional axes defined.

Everything is working ok, when used via FS 9.1

Now I wanted to assign and calibrate all my joystick axes directly in FSUIPC and disabling in FS because this way I like more. So I opened Axis Assignenments, rescanned and defined (with type "Send direct to FSUIPC") all the axis. Now the problem is: all axes can be rescanned and input is showing, but not the right brakes axis. If I have nothing defined in FSUIPC (ini file deleted) the right brakes axis is working as expected (visible in Windows calibration and FS calibration), but not in FSUIPC axis assignements.

Is this because there is no X and Y axis used?

By the way, I was scanning the forum for similar problems and in one thread you mentioned downloading FSUIPC V3.918. Where can I get this one?

I have 3.90 dll (246kB, 26.2.2009) installed.

OS is Win XP prof 64bit

Thnaks for any hint

Peter

Now the problem is: all axes can be rescanned and input is showing, but not the right brakes axis. If I have nothing defined in FSUIPC (ini file deleted) the right brakes axis is working as expected (visible in Windows calibration and FS calibration), but not in FSUIPC axis assignements. Is this because there is no X and Y axis used?

No.

FSUIPC3 uses the original Windows "joy" API to read both buttons and axes, just as FS used to until, I think FS2002, when it changed to DI (DirectInput).

DirectInput suppports 8 axes, 4 POVs and 64 buttons on each joystick, with up to 128 possible joysticks (I think)

The "joy" API supports 6 axes, 1 POV and 32 buttons on each of up to 16 joysticks.

Evidently one of your axes in on one of the 2 not supported by the "joy" API.

With FSUIPC4, which was almost a complete re-write (for the first time since FSUIPC 1.00 back in FS98 days) I changed the axis scanning to use DirectInput, so it also supports the same axes and POVs as FS. I didn't change the button scanning as it would have introduced too much incompatibility with FSUIPC3 when folks changed to FSX. Unfortunately there's really no easy way I can change FSUIPC3 at this stage. Being a program suject to ongoing changes and additions now for over ten years it is almost impossible to do anything major like that without almost rewriting it.

By the way, I was scanning the forum for similar problems and in one thread you mentioned downloading FSUIPC V3.918. Where can I get this one?

Interim updates and other useful bits and pieces are always posted here, in the "Updates" announcement. This system has been going on now for several years.

It isn't 3.918 now, it is 3.919.

Regards

Pete