The simFlight Network Forums

VRinsight MCP Combo

Hi Peter -

Just got one of these and it is a pain in theneck... to program it using their software. Since it utilizes FSUIPC, is there anyway to program it just like GoFlite stuff where it recognizes the button/knob input and allows you to enter the command or mouse input?

Pappyhep

Just got one of these and it is a pain in theneck... to program it using their software. Since it utilizes FSUIPC, is there anyway to program it just like GoFlite stuff where it recognizes the button/knob input and allows you to enter the command or mouse input?

It utilises FSUIPC? Really? I'm pretty sure they aren't paying any licensing fees, so that's ratherannoying!

Sorry, I know nothing about it, and it certainly isn't using any special portion of FSUIPC that I know of, with any permissions, so if they are using it illegally I couldn't say what they are up to. You'll have to ask them. Sorry.

Regards

Pete

They say thet FSUIPC is necessary with a unregistered Version.

What they do inside, and if they need any licences I don't know.

In their displays you can see the actual autopilot and radio datas.

Unfortunalety the Combo doesn't act like an Joystick, so you don't get JoystickButtons.

But you can programm the Combo by using the VRInsight keymapper and map to any button a key-combination.

Then you can programm FSUIPC to do your action when this key-combination is pressed.

Andydigital, the freelance moderator from VRInsight Forum is sometimes around here... I'm sure he can answer your question more detailed and in better english

But you can programm the Combo by using the VRInsight keymapper and map to any button a key-combination.

Then you can programm FSUIPC to do your action when this key-combination is pressed.

That's okay, it doesn't use FSUIPC then, not for that. It is you, the user, using FSUIPC to map keypresses to actions.

Regards

Pete