The simFlight Network Forums

Can I use an external keypad?

To overcome a space problem I would like to communicate with ATC in FSX by using FSUIPC "Key Presses" and whilst this works ok with the standard

keyboard numberpad keys I would like to use an external USB mini key pad. However, when I press a numeral key it always shows up as "Numl"

Can anyone tell if what I want to do is possible??

Many thanks

George

To overcome a space problem I would like to communicate with ATC in FSX by using FSUIPC "Key Presses" and whilst this works ok with the standard

keyboard numberpad keys I would like to use an external USB mini key pad. However, when I press a numeral key it always shows up as "Numl"

Can anyone tell if what I want to do is possible??

The ATC responses are assigned in FS to the keyboard number keys, not the NUMpad number keys. However, they are still FS controls, so you can assign them to any keys or joystick buttons you like.

In FSUIPC, use the key press assignments to assign keys to the FS controls "Atc menu 0" to "Atc menu 9" keys. To bring up and dismiss the menu use the "Atc" control.

Pete

The software that was mentioned to you over at the AVSIM forums would be perfect for what you want to do as well, it looks like a very interesting piece of software, you could have many keyboards plugged in and each keyboard can have different commands set for each key or key combination. It was initially made for cockpit builders, I think, who wanted to make cheap panels with keyboard emulator cards, but it will work perfectly for you too.

http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=253276

http://hidmacros.medek.info/whatisit.php