The simFlight Network Forums

View lock / hat switch problem

I must admit that I don't really understand the nuts and bolts behind FSUIPC and whatnot, so I hate to add this to the forum, but I can't find an answer via search.

Running FS9, Windows XP, CH yoke/pedals/quad. Just got them, and then bought FSUIPC 3.93 to help map out the controls.

I have the quad set up for a two-engine piston aircraft (throttles/mixture/prop), pedals and yoke axes working fine. Assigned the yoke's three levers to spoilers, flaps, and aileron trim. I assigned the buttons on the quad to some lights and cowl vents, random things.

Last step, I mapped out the hat switch on the yoke to pan up, pan up right, right, etc. all the way round. Then, when I went to the cockpit mode to check everything, as soon as I touch the hat switch or any lever or button on the quad, the view immediately goes to "left," be that looking out the left cockpit window, or in spot view, looking at the port-side wing.

Tried setting the hat up switch to view forward, and it would not override the signal telling it to look left. I am at a complete loss- not sure why it would do that.

Thanks all for the anticipated help!

Brad

Last step, I mapped out the hat switch on the yoke to pan up, pan up right, right, etc. all the way round. Then, when I went to the cockpit mode to check everything, as soon as I touch the hat switch or any lever or button on the quad, the view immediately goes to "left," be that looking out the left cockpit window, or in spot view, looking at the port-side wing.

Tried setting the hat up switch to view forward, and it would not override the signal telling it to look left. I am at a complete loss- not sure why it would do that.

You have something assigned incorrectly, then. I cannot tell what you have done from here, with no information.

Have you made sure that you haven't got things assigned both in FS and in FSUIPC? Multiple functions assigned in that way can be very confusing. Never have any button or axis assigned in both places.

If you can't find it that way, enable Button and Event logging, also Axis logging, in the Logging tab in the FSUIPC options, and see what the Log file shows when this unwanted event is occurring. Show me the log if you don't understand it -- you can paste it, or parts of it, here.

I can also check your assignments for you if you paste the [buttons] and [Axes] sections of the FSUIPC.INI filer here.

Regards

Pete