The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Dll for .NET - Offset for Altitude

Hello Forum,

i am searching an Offset showing me 0.0 if a stand with every Aircraft on the Ground and shows me the Altitude over

the Ground in flight.

The 0x31E4, called Radio Altitude, shows me 2.4 in the Beachkraft and 7.7 in the B737-400.

Is there an offset showing me 0.0 in every Airplane over the Ground or is there

a way to calculate it ?

Thanks

Matthias

Programming in C#

i am searching an Offset showing me 0.0 if a stand with every Aircraft on the Ground and shows me the Altitude over

the Ground in flight.

There isn't one. You can subtract the ground altitude from the aircraft altitude above sea level, but since this will be measured to the aircraft's "datum" point (defined by model), the result will only be zero if you are sunk into the ground up to the datum point.

Is there an offset showing me 0.0 in every Airplane over the Ground or is there

a way to calculate it ?

You can calculate it if you know the height of the datum point above ground whilst the aircraft it standing on its gear.

Why do ou want such a thing? Real aircraft don't have them except by adjustment of the altimeter or radar altimeter whilst on the ground to compensate.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

hmm, that are not the news i want to hear from :-(

I need it for a litle Black Box Programm i am try to create in c# for my Virtual Airline.

So i can different between the Aircraft is on the Ground or not.

I know the OnGround Flag, but better for me was a Offset, or a calculatet Value, that shows me

the correct radio altitude 0 if the Airplane stands on his Gear.

Onothe Question is the Squawk setting.

On Ivao ( and also in Real Live ) Pilots sets the SQ to Mode C if they line up the Runway. Now the IVAP ( IVAO's Pilot Client )

has an Offset reading/writing the SQ to Mode C or Stand by.

Now i want to different if the Airplane is on the Runway or not.

Is there any way ?

Matthias

So i can different between the Aircraft is on the Ground or not.

I know the OnGround Flag, but better for me was a Offset, or a calculatet Value, that shows me

the correct radio altitude 0 if the Airplane stands on his Gear.

Well, you can compute the correction to make for the datum height by seeing how high it is when the On Ground flag is set. Maybe you should then store that and use it until the aircraft is changed? (And in any case the radio altitude is not "correctly" 0 when on the ground -- that is always an adjusted value, as the radar emitter will bot be built into the tyres! ;-) )

On Ivao ( and also in Real Live ) Pilots sets the SQ to Mode C if they line up the Runway. Now the IVAP ( IVAO's Pilot Client )

has an Offset reading/writing the SQ to Mode C or Stand by.

Now i want to different if the Airplane is on the Runway or not.

Is there any way ?

Only by using the coordinates of the aircraft and working it out using a runway database, such as that produced from your scenery files by my MakeRunways utility.

Regards

Pete

I think i will take the GS or IAS and when its over 30kt or the OnGround Flag says the AC is airborn i will turn on the Transponder.

I think thats the easyer way.

Yes, but make it the GS. The IAS could easily get to 30 knots when stationary if facing into a 30 knot wind.

BTW, why do you want this done automatically? Isn't operating these things part of the fun of flight simulation?

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

( i am flying myself a C172 ) i know about the IAS and the Wind :-)

About the automatic Transponder setting: I also so often vorget to set the Transponder to Mode C ( only on the Simulation :D ) so

i want to make it a litle bit easear for the Pilots in my VA, thats all.

Matthias

About the automatic Transponder setting: I also so often vorget to set the Transponder to Mode C ( only on the Simulation :D ) so

i want to make it a litle bit easear for the Pilots in my VA, thats all.

Checklists, checklists, checklists. :D Only way to make sure you forget nothing! ;-)

I am as guilty as the next for forgetting things. It is a good job I don't fly on-line -- I almost always forget to switch my Transponder to mode C.

I was quite interested in trying on-line flying, and downloaded and installed Squawkbox 4 for that purpose. Even registered and got an ID. But I've never actually flown on-line yet because I am still waiting for Squawkbox to provide a way of setting the transponder mode from inside my cockpit (i.e. my transponder switch, which I can program to do whatever is needed) -- much as they've always done with PTT and PVT (private talk PTT).

They provided the mode settings etc via FSUIPC offsets in SB3, but with SB4 and FSX, where FSUIPC isn't used by SB, it would be best via messages as done for the PTT/PVT actions. I first asked for this simple mod a year ago, but it seems the developers don't develop any more. Do you use SB or FSInn?

Regards

Pete

He Pete,

you do not fly online ??? Then its now Time for that .. its a lot of Fun !!

Yes the Checklist, but you know .. difference between the real flight and the hobby flight :-)

I fly on the IVAO networt, so i use the IVAP, IVAC for controlling and IVAE to see other Pilots and ATC Stations.

Matthias

I fly on the IVAO networt, so i use the IVAP, IVAC for controlling and IVAE to see other Pilots and ATC Stations.

Yeah, but most of the folks I know are on VatSim.

Does the IVAP software have provisions for controlling everything via programmed buttons and switches? Nothing on the FSX screen? I only have the scenery projected outside the cockpit on that screen. All my ancillary programs (including the installed Squawkbox) are on a separate PC, operating via WideFS or SimConnect.

Whatever software I use must not depend upon menu displays, mouse or keyboard presses. SB3 for FS9 allowed this -- PTT, PVT, SB mode, SB ident, all by Registered messages or FSUIPC offsets. SB4 provides the PTT and PVT messages, but nothing for the transponder inputs.

Regards

Pete

a you fly with the me unknown SB3.

Sorry for the bad english Pete.

That will mean "Ahhhhhhhhhh, you fly with the SB3. I not using the SB3."

you understand now.. i hope :-)

But about your question i can not answer.

You must ask the IVAO Staff about that.

Matthias

That will mean "Ahhhhhhhhhh, you fly with the SB3. I not using the SB3."

you understand now.. i hope :-)

Yes, but you misunderstood. I don't fly on-line at all. I wanted to and installed SB4 ready, but it isn't suitable for cockpits. I never had SB3, I only know how it treated the Transponder stuff via FSUIPC offsets.

Regards

Pete