The simFlight Network Forums

PFC Jet console

Hi Pete,

Would you please be so kind as to help me with a problem I have.

I have the PFC Jet Console and it appears it may be causing a problem with A2A's latest release, the Piper Cub with Accusim. This problem only occurs when the PFC console is connected to the system. Whenever I move the #1 lever, (usually used for the spoilers) The Cub just noses over into a crash. This is with engine off or on. This also occurs when the Cub first loads. It usually occurs around 14 seconds after load or after the #1 lever is moved.

What I am trying to find out is what commands or keystrokes are issued when the #1 lever is moved. Also are these commands also issued when the plane first loads? I would like to provide this info to A2A so they might be able to correct the problem. I have tried just using the keyboard / key but that does not seem to cause the problem. Are their any other commands given for the spoiler down, arm, Flt Detend, or up command?

One other problem I have is that I can not get the Jet Console to control the throttle in the Cub even though I can use the Keyboard numpad 9 & 3 keys to control the throttle.,

EDit: I have the latest Vista FSUIPC 4.518 loaded and the Latest PFC driver V4.318. I am also using Vista 64 Ultimate, a Q9550 PCU, 4G Ram and 8800 GTS video cards with 640MB DDR3 ram.

Thanks for your help,

Tom Hibben

I have the PFC Jet Console and it appears it may be causing a problem with A2A's latest release, the Piper Cub with Accusim. This problem only occurs when the PFC console is connected to the system. Whenever I move the #1 lever, (usually used for the spoilers) The Cub just noses over into a crash.

Why are you moving a lever assigned to spoilers with a Piper Cub? Surely that doesn't have spoilers? Maybe the creators of the aircraft have used the spoiler axis for some other purpose?

Why aren't you assigning a correct quadrant set for use with the cub, so that you have the throttle and mixture, and presumably nothing else on the quadrant? You do know you can do what you like with the quadrant, or even swap them for more realism with different aircraft?

What I am trying to find out is what commands or keystrokes are issued when the #1 lever is moved. Also are these commands also issued when the plane first loads?

If you've assigned the lever to the spoiler axis, then my PFC driver would be writing the values directly to FSUIPC's offset 0BD0, which is the FS spoiler control.This will cause FSUIPC to send FS the "KEY_SPOILERS_SET" control with a parameter derived from the axis value and your calibration. If the value is within the "ARM" range it will send the "KEY_SPOILERS_ARM_SET" FS control.

You can see this sort of information by enabling Event logging in FSUIPC. The logging might also then show any events that in turn triggers in the Piper Cub coding.

I would like to provide this info to A2A so they might be able to correct the problem. I have tried just using the keyboard / key but that does not seem to cause the problem. Are their any other commands given for the spoiler down, arm, Flt Detend, or up command?

For a Piper Cub? Huh? What are you trying to do, exactly?

One other problem I have is that I can not get the Jet Console to control the throttle in the Cub even though I can use the Keyboard numpad 9 & 3 keys to control the throttle.

The throttle control in my PFC drivers is standard, and works for all known FS aircraft. It uses KEY_THROTTLEn_SET controls.

It is sounding rather as if you have a 6 lever throttle quadrant and haven't set it up and calibrated it for a single engined basic prop aircraft. Try selecting the correct type in the driver, enabling and assigning it to the aircraft so that it will automatically be selected when you load that aircraft. If you haven't enabled it, it won't currently be auto-selected even though the PFC driver will be detecting the aircraft type.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the quick response. Pete please don't think that I think any of this is your problem. I have been using the PFC equipment for years and know pretty much how it works.

Unfortunately I only have 6 lever quadrants, someday I will get enought money to get one for a single engine aircraft. The one I was using is for a twin engine. I wasn't trying to assign anything to the #1 spoiler lever. But unfortunately if I grab the first one by mistake, while looking at the screen, it causes the problem.

As far as the cub is concerned it only has a throttle and no mixture so all I am trying to do is assign one of the levers to throttle 1. This was modeled as it was originally built with throttle only.

As to the spoiler lever, all I am trying to do is find out what keystrokes are sent so I can find out if any of them are conflicting with the A2A cub so they can fix it.

I know you have set up the throttle control as standard. The confusion I have is while the the key pad #9 and #3 keys work to control the throttle, I can't get the the PFC to control it.

As I said I do have a 6 lever throttle quadrant, I have selected one of the other levers, ie: #2, and I have callibrated it and enabled it. The problem is I still can't get it to work.

Thanks again and I will try again.

Tom Hibben

Unfortunately I only have 6 lever quadrants, someday I will get enought money to get one for a single engine aircraft.

That's okay. If they are not assigned they do nothing.

The one I was using is for a twin engine. I wasn't trying to assign anything to the #1 spoiler lever. But unfortunately if I grab the first one by mistake, while looking at the screen, it causes the problem.

In that case it must be getting assigned. If not in the PFC options, you must have, at some stage, assigned it in the FSUIPC options. (As with PFC buttons and switches, the axes can be assigned in FSUIPC).

As to the spoiler lever, all I am trying to do is find out what keystrokes are sent so I can find out if any of them are conflicting with the A2A cub so they can fix it.

The PFC driver doesn't use keystrokes for anything.

I know you have set up the throttle control as standard. The confusion I have is while the the key pad #9 and #3 keys work to control the throttle, I can't get the the PFC to control it.

Keypads use INC and DEC controls, not proper analogue axis controls. Not the same thing.

As I said I do have a 6 lever throttle quadrant, I have selected one of the other levers, ie: #2, and I have callibrated it and enabled it. The problem is I still can't get it to work.

The logging in FSUIPC is wuite useful. Enable Event and Axis logging and it will log everything which is happening. If you cannot figure it out I'm sure the A2A folks will be able to.

Regards

Pete