The simFlight Network Forums

TCAS info incomplete in Plan-G

I am using FSUIPC 4 to connect FSX to Plan-G (http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/), a freeware flight planner and moving-map application.

Plan-G includes the display of AI aircraft icons, and when clicked, a dropdown is supposed to show the aircraft type as well as the altitude, ground speed and heading. On my installation of Plan-G, only the altitude, groundspeed and heading are visible. I have set TCASid=Type, but type is not displayed in Plan-G. All other data are displaying normally from FSX to Plan-G via FSUIPC 4.

Is there something I am missing?

- Jeff Schallenberg

Mont Saint-Hilaire, Québec

Plan-G includes the display of AI aircraft icons, and when clicked, a dropdown is supposed to show the aircraft type as well as the altitude, ground speed and heading. On my installation of Plan-G, only the altitude, groundspeed and heading are visible. I have set TCASid=Type, but type is not displayed in Plan-G. All other data are displaying normally from FSX to Plan-G via FSUIPC 4.

Sorry, I don't know that program. I think you'll need to contact their support.

You could easily check the data FSUIPC provides by running the utility I provide to check such data -- TrafficLook (available in the Updates and Goodies Announcement above). I've just done that here. I suspect the information you want is more likely to be "model" which is the actual aircraft model more like that usually used by ATC. The "Type" is usually the Make, though all this depends up the definitions in the Aircraft.CFG file.

I have just noticed that the selection of type/model/flight etc only operates for Airborne aircraft -- Ground aircraft continue to show airline (+flight number when assigned). I'm not sure at present why that is. Of course TCAS is normally only for airborne aircraft so this may be a mistake which has gone long unnoticed. I've made a note to check into that -- but it won't be till next week now, as I'm away from now till some time on Sunday.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for the tips, Pete. I was running FSUIPC 4.09, so I updated to 4.537. That surely helped, plus I installed TrafficLook, and set TCASid=Model.

So, Plan-G is displaying all AI aircraft data now.

- Jeff Schallenberg

Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec

Thanks for the tips, Pete. I was running FSUIPC 4.09, so I updated to 4.537. That surely helped, plus I installed TrafficLook, and set TCASid=Model.

Okay. Version 4.09 was certainly very old -- not even the version built for the FSX update SP1 (4.10) -- but there still should have been information in the ATC details, just not the Model if that was not selected.

So, Plan-G is displaying all AI aircraft data now.

Good. However, your report has shown me a small error in FSUIPC4 which I shall have to correct, so thanks for that. In FSUIPC3 the ATC selection (like "Model") did affect both ground and airborne traffic. In FSUIPC4 it currently only affects airborne traffic, which is evidently wrong. I will fix this in the next update.

Regards

Pete