The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with XP 64

I had been using the registered version of FSUIPC 4.5 without problems in FSX, running Win XP 32; now I installed the XP 64 bits version in dual boot mode, and the unregistered version shows with the registering box greyed out and a legend about using right click to load FS as administrator.- I have no other user than administrator, I tried with the right click and only administrator is checked, also I unchecked the box about protecting the programs from unauthorized changes, also in the compatibility box there is an option about letting other users to access the program, which I checked, but the problem remains.-

I have no problems when running FSX in XP 32.-

Want a solution because I am accustomed to use FSX with controls managed by FSUIPC.-

Thanks

I had been using the registered version of FSUIPC 4.5 without problems in FSX, running Win XP 32; now I installed the XP 64 bits version in dual boot mode, and the unregistered version shows with the registering box greyed out and a legend about using right click to load FS as administrator.- I have no other user than administrator, I tried with the right click and only administrator is checked, also I unchecked the box about protecting the programs from unauthorized changes, also in the compatibility box there is an option about letting other users to access the program, which I checked, but the problem remains.

Erare you getting mixed up between FSUIPC3 and FSUIPC4? There is no registration capability in any FSUIPC4 option screens, and hasn't been since version 4.00 -- you must register using the Installer! There is no "legend" in FSUIPC4 about administrators, only in FSUIPC3 (for FS9 or earlier).

The installer automatically runs in elevated administrator mode, which is the privilege level needed to register.

Please update to a supported version of FSUIPC4 -- 4.53 -- and register during installation. You'll find a useful document that tells you how to install and register inside the ZIP.

The latest version of FSUIPC3 also has an installer to get over such problems.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete, you were right, I had some kind of mixture between versions.- I installed V 4.40 as V4.50 doesnt recognize my old fsuipc.ini settings, and I dont want to reprogram all my controls, so now I have the registered version showing, and in XP 32 all goes OK.-

The problem is that in XP 64, only the basic controls work, the other programmed controls dont.-

I must say that I use the same FSX install in both operative systems, so the same fsuipc.ini is used, the only problem is that due to some oddity in the installation, the drive letters shifted and are not the same.- That should not be a problem as nothing in the ini file points to a specific drive path.-

I installed V 4.40 as V4.50 doesnt recognize my old fsuipc.ini settings, and I dont want to reprogram all my controls

There are no compatibility changes at all in the INI file -- your settings can always be carried forward from one version to the next. The whole point of FSUIPC has always been onward compatibility, with new features never changing old ones! I take great pains to ensure this. You are most certainly misinterpreting something quite seriously! If you have any problem it needs reporting and fixing, not retreating to older, more buggy and unsupported versions!

I must say that I use the same FSX install in both operative systems, so the same fsuipc.ini is used, the only problem is that due to some oddity in the installation, the drive letters shifted and are not the same.- That should not be a problem as nothing in the ini file points to a specific drive path.-

It will be nothing to do with FSUIPC, for sure. But until you update to a supported version I'm afraid you get no support.

Regards

Pete