The simFlight Network Forums

WideFS - Actionkeys on clientside

Dear all,

Recently I updated my WideFS Client and Server applications by the new version. However I forgot to make a copy of the WideClient Configuration Settings (wideclient.cfg file).

If I remember correctly I had made adjustments in this file about the use of Actionkeys. However I cannot recall the commands I used and I find troubles understanding the manual. Could somebody help me to start this up again?

I have initialized the following:

- On my CH Yoke I have assigned a button to start Roger Wilco. I use FSUIPC button assignment to push the Scroll Lock button (this works)

- In my widefs.cfg file I have set the commands to accept Actionkeys and used the commands from the previous widefs.cfg file (this works). Keys have been assigned in this cfg file.

- On my clientPC I have set the cfg file to accept ActionKeys.

What do I have to do else to launch the Scroll Lock at the client PC so I can use Roger Wilco? I know it was something small, but I do not recall anymore.

Your help and advise would be highly appreciated!

On my CH Yoke I have assigned a button to start Roger Wilco. I use FSUIPC button assignment to push the Scroll Lock button (this works)

There's an FSUIPC control to operate Roger Wilco directly! Just use the drop-down and look for it. It would be better than using any keypress.

This is for use of RW on the same PC of course. For WideFS, assigning a button to press a key on the FS PC won't help at all. Instead you assign the button to operate a "Keysend". Just set a KeySend with parameter 1 when you press the button, parameter 2 when you release it.

Then in the Client you simply say that KeySend1 is RWon, KeySend 2 is RWoff.

All this is surely pretty clear in the documentation? It does appear in both FSUIPC and WideFS documents, with these examples. Can you tell me why you don't see it?

What do I have to do else to launch the Scroll Lock at the client PC so I can use Roger Wilco? I know it was something small, but I do not recall anymore.

You don't. You use the RWon and RWoff facilities. these make WideClient talk direct to RW. You don't need keystrokes.

Regards,

Pete

Hello Pete,

Thanks for your reaction and help! Programming the FSUIPC and WideFS was something I had done months ago and never paid attention to it anymore. Because it worked pretty well.

I did not remember anymore to use the RWoff RWon commands, but knew it was something small. From the old WideFs config file I noticed I used the keystrokes commands, which seemed to work, so i was looking to use that again. As said I had not updated the config files for a long time, so I forgot most of the settings. Why fix it if it ain't broke :-) ?

I was browsing through the manuals, but most likely I overlooked that one. On the forums I was searching on Actionkeys, but had no results concerning my question.

Thanks for your effort and time to explain this to me!