The simFlight Network Forums

FS9 internal ATC window/menu

Hi,

I would like to develop a tiny add-on for my FS9 simulator. This add-on should be able to deal with the FS9 internal 'ATC on-screen-menu' by using the FSUIPC interface.

The add-on should be able to:

- show/hide the menu

- read/interpret the content (items) of the current indicated menu

- simulate a keyboard input to interact with this menu

In the current SDK documentation I couldn't find some information about this ATC menu, therefore I kindly ask you whether you can tell me if it's possible or not.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

best regards,

Urs

The add-on should be able to:

- show/hide the menu

- read/interpret the content (items) of the current indicated menu

- simulate a keyboard input to interact with this menu

In the current SDK documentation I couldn't find some information about this ATC menu, therefore I kindly ask you whether you can tell me if it's possible or not.

You can show/hide it using the FS ATC control (the same as normally mapped to the ' or # key), and you can select items from it by using the other FS ATC controls (ATC menu 0 to 9), but I'm afraid I don't know of any way of reading the text from the menus. Sorry.

Regards

Pete

... using the FS ATC control

just to clarify: is this a functionality which can be triggered programatically using the FSUIPC interface?

Yes. Any FS controls (or added FSUIPC ones) can be sent via offset 3110, with the optional parameter written in the same write, or immediately before, in 3114. You use the numeric equivalent of the controls, as listed in the "List of FS controls" I publish, for FS, or in the Advanced User's document, for FSUIPC.

Pete