The simFlight Network Forums

Reducing 10bit to 8bit

I have a BU0386 in use and the card is delivery a 10bit signal to FSUIPC (Raw axis 0-1023). For the brightness conroll in Air Sim Tech Airbus, i need a range from 0-255 (8bit) How i can realize that?

Use the scaling option, as described in the Advanced User's guide under the heading "Additional parameters to scale input axis values".

Pete

• 4 months later...
I have the same problem, but my valuea are -16384 to +16383, how to scale it to 0-255 using the full pot travel?

Like the example in the Advanced User's manual, just scale it and add the value to make it positive. i.e.

*0.0078125,+128

The value 0.0078125 is 1/128, so dividing your -16384 to 16383 range to get -128 to +127. And then adding 128 gives you 0 to 255.

See? It really is only simple arithmetic.

Pete

Thanks Peter, but math is not my best! The formula works but the problem is FSUIPC truncate 0.0078125 to 0.00781 so when my pot is at zero fsuipc diplay 1, it works only the first time but if you open the GUI it perform that trunc can you have a look?

Thanks Peter, but math is not my best! The formula works but the problem is FSUIPC truncate 0.0078125 to 0.00781 so when my pot is at zero fsuipc diplay 1, it works only the first time but if you open the GUI it perform that trunc can you have a look?

Ah, yes. Sorry, it doesn't get saved to that accuracy. I can save it to, say, 7 figures. But that won't be till the next update, which i can't make yet. However, if you simply change the 0.00781 to 0.00776 it should work okay then.

Regards

Pete

Ah, yes. Sorry, it doesn't get saved to that accuracy. I can save it to, say, 7 figures. But that won't be till the next update, which i can't make yet. However, if you simply change the 0.00781 to 0.00776 it should work okay then.

Regards

Pete

The same, it's still to 1 and not 0.

Regards

Pete

The same, it's still to 1 and not 0.

Sounds like you don't actually get -16364 then. Just try decreasing the number a little at a time: 0.00775, 0.00774 etc.

This is only a workaround else you'll need to wait a couple of weeks. I've got a heavy change underway and cannot release an interim version at present.

Regards

Pete