The simFlight Network Forums

Lights [OD0C] erratic reading

Hi!

Although new to FSUIPC programming, i have read the relative posts about the lights mechanism and how it should be treated from programming point of you.

But i cant get the info correctly.

I have used part of the code that came with the demo project for .NET.

Using the PMDG MD-11 even the default deme .NET client seems to work correctly. I cant get the logo lights to show on and other issues.

I have lost 2 hours just to discover that maybe it is an issue with the way MD-11 must be handled programming wise.

I have used the bitarray definition that came with the demo and the enum class for lighttype.

Is there any way around this?

But i cant get the info correctly.

Have you used FSUIPC's logging facilities to check? You can even display the value of offset 0D0C in real-time, using the Monitor facilities and the FS display option.

There's also FSInterrogate which you can use to compare against your work.

I have lost 2 hours just to discover that maybe it is an issue with the way MD-11 must be handled programming wise.

I don't know about that. Always test FSUIPC interfacing against default aircraft first. The lights denoted by the bits in offset 0D0C are those defined in FS. Whether or not a particular add-on implements them all is another matter.

I have used the bitarray definition that came with the demo and the enum class for lighttype.

Is there any way around this?

Sorry, I've no idea what they've done with the MD-11. If you just test your programming against the logging or FSInterrogate, and then find you are doing everything correctly for the lights, then if a particular add-on is doing "its own thing" you know it isn't your programming in error.

Regards

Pete

Yes,

I have been using fsinterrogate, although i didnt use the logs...i ll do from now on.

You were correct , on the default 737,777,747 the lights seem to work just fine...

I am now having another issue but i ll open another post if i dont find something by searching in the forum

Thanks.