The simFlight Network Forums

phidgets first step?

Hello Mr Dowson

i just got a phidgets 0/16/16 i/oboard to interface some switches and light up some leds

i have installed the phidgets softwere 2.1 and got the 0/16/16 working with its softwere it was very easy!!!!!

i would like to ask how do i get phidgets to work with FSUIPC and FSX ,or is there a link on the sight saying step by step

how to do it?

i am using win7 64 bit and FSX

Kind regards spiro

i would like to ask how do i get phidgets to work with FSUIPC and FSX ,or is there a link on the sight saying step by step

how to do it?

Sorry, I don't know anything about "Phidgets". Isn't there any documentation supplied or support offered with the product? If they imitate genuine joystick buttons, switches and axes, then Windows should see them and so should FS and FSUIPC. However, they probably have a driver which you'd need to install.

[LATER]

I was rather curious about this so I did a search on "Phidgets" and came up with this, probably the most useful reference:

http://www.fscockpit.com/specialinterfacesolutions.html

Scroll down to the Phidgets section. It seems to recommend an easy-to-use interface program called "FS2Phidget" by Alan Dyer. I suspect that's what you need? Also, I think you may get help on the Mycockpit forums. I have seen Alan Dyer's name there on occasion.

Regards

Pete

Dear Mr Dowson

I whent and looked at my cockpits ans talked to Andy he asked me to see the WideSever log

i do not now were to find it

as i serched i saw that i did not install widefs so i did i hade purchest them together with FSUIPC from Simmarket

i whent to install Wide fs 6.78 and a firewall waring comes up i klik allow access

and then i get a blank page ans on the top of the page it says

WideClient f98 Eliminator-waitting for a connection

have i don somthing wrong

kind regards

I whent and looked at my cockpits ans talked to Andy he asked me to see the WideSever log

i do not now were to find it

Are you using a Network then? I didn't see any reference to a Network with WideFS. If you are using wideFS there weill be a WideServer log in the FS Modules folder, where the FSUIPC log also can be found.

as i serched i saw that i did not install widefs so i did i hade purchest them together with FSUIPC from Simmarket

You only need WideFs if you want to run some FSUIPC application on a Networked PC, one not running FS. Are you sure this is what you want to do? It seems a long way from your original questions!

i whent to install Wide fs 6.78 and a firewall waring comes up i klik allow access

and then i get a blank page ans on the top of the page it says

WideClient f98 Eliminator-waitting for a connection

have i don somthing wrong

I'm sorry but I have no idea what you are doing. Maybe you need to explain yourself. This thread has taken a strange turn all of a sudden.

Tell me what you want to do and what you have done.

Regards

Pete

ok sorry Mr Dowson

what i origonaly whant to do is to connect phidgets i/o bord to fsx

i asked alan on my cockpit org how to get phidgets working with with fsx

he asked me what my wide fs log says thats why i was serching for it.i am later on going to conect a 2 pc

but whant to understand more about pc/fsuipc and offsets before going to a network

so as i understand my systeme is ok

thank you

kind regards spiro

what i origonaly whant to do is to connect phidgets i/o bord to fsx

Yes, I understood that question. But what has the Network got to do with it?

i asked alan on my cockpit org how to get phidgets working with with fsx

he asked me what my wide fs log says thats why i was serching for it.i am later on going to conect a 2 pc

But if you are not already connecting another PC, why would WideServer's log be any use?

but whant to understand more about pc/fsuipc and offsets before going to a network

So you need to ask Mr. Dyer a different question I think! ;-)

Regards

Pete