The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC not starting

Peter,

I have a recent problem. I don't think that FSUIPC is really the cause.

Until recently I had not problem with FSUIPC (in XP) and WideFS (in Vista).

But now it looks like FSUIPC doesn't get started at each FSX session: sometimes yes, sometimes no. When yes the FSUIPC warning appears at the top of the screen to say there is a connected session with WideFS, when no no message appears. In this last case the FSCommander and Radar Contact cannot dialog with FSX.

I need then to stop FSX and XP and then restart them in the hope that it will work.

I also get something strange after the add-ons entry on the task bar above the screen, again not systematically: entries for different planes; if I click on one I get a sort of video of that plane that I cannot control.

When all this started I still had an older version of FSUIPC and WideFS. Now I updated them to FSUIPC 4.57 and WideFS 6.78. But still these strange things may happen.

I must also confess that I overclocked my PC and did not do a thourough checking with the last parameters and that when I did I realized that I had sometimes an error. This could have corrupted something in FSX. But as I said the strange things do not happen systematically.

Any idea ?

I will also post this message in AVSIM.

Roger

XP Pro ,and FSUIPC 4.57 for XP Pro and WideFS 6.78 with Vista.

But now it looks like FSUIPC doesn't get started at each FSX session: sometimes yes, sometimes no.

If FSUIPC4 is not able to operate for any reason, there will be entries in the FSUIPC4.LOG file to say why -- that is assuming it actually gets loaded. It is Simconnect's job to load modules, and that is controlled by your DLL.XML file.

Next time you don't see FSUIPC in the FSX Add-Ons menu, please see if there's a Log file and if so let me see it. You can paste it into a message here.

When yes the FSUIPC warning appears at the top of the screen to say there is a connected session with WideFS, when no no message appears. In this last case the FSCommander and Radar Contact cannot dialog with FSX.

Are you running those programs on a Networked PC?

Are you saying that WideFS sometimes doesn't connect, or that FSUIPC doesn't run? There's a lot of difference and entirely different things to investigate depending upon what you mean.

I also get something strange after the add-ons entry on the task bar above the screen, again not systematically: entries for different planes; if I click on one I get a sort of video of that plane that I cannot control.

Sorry, what "add-ons entry on the task bar"? By "task bar" do you mean menu bar, the menu in FSX as called up by the ALT key? I really cannot imagine what it is you mean by "again not systematically: entries for different planes". What have planes got to do with it? You've not mentioned plane selection before. And what are these things you "click on"? words or pictures or what?

Regards

Pete

Thank you Pete.

1. I will check the log next time.

2. Yes those pgm are on a networked PC

3. Well how to say it: If FSUIPC doesn't say that it is waiting a connection then there is no dialog between FSUIPC and WideFS

4. Yes the menu bar of FSX (the one called by alt)

No icon but words. They appear on the right of "add-ons". They have nothing to do with FSUIPC but this phenomen appearted at the same time as the

FSUIPC problem.

Next time I will take a picture of the screen and send it with the log.

I suspect more a corruption of FSX than a real problem with FSUIPC. FSUIPC worked for years without problem for me.

I willl be back soon with the log and picture.

Roger

Well how to say it: If FSUIPC doesn't say that it is waiting a connection then there is no dialog between FSUIPC and WideFS

That could mean one of three things:

1. FSUIPC isn't running at all. Determine this from the current log -- if there's only the previous log (go by date/time), and its menu entry is missing, it isn't running.

2. It is running but hasn't intialised correctly, usually because of a SimConnect problem. Determine this when there is a current log, probably with errors listed, but there is no "FSUIPC" entry in the Add-Ons menu, or maybe even no "Add-Ons" menu anyway.

3. FSUIPC is running happily but something is stopping WideServer. Check this is both the FSUIPC and WideServer logs.

Yes the menu bar of FSX (the one called by alt) No icon but words. They appear on the right of "add-ons". They have nothing to do with FSUIPC but this phenomen appearted at the same time as the FSUIPC problem.

What are those words? They might provide a clue, don't you think?

What is in the Add-Ons menu you can see? If FSUIPC then FSUIPC is running.

Regards

Pete

Peter,

Everything seems normal again. FSUIPC and WideFS seem happy again.

To get rid of the AI entries in the menu bar I let FSX recreate th cfg file.

The nuissance could result of an incorrectly overclock. So now that OC isrunning without error and the cfg file is recreated, I am a happy user.

Thank you for your help.

Roger