The simFlight Network Forums

FS2004 loads very slow with no controllers

I have deleted all my axis-assignments in FS2004 and assigned it via FSUIPC (v3.93). This works great.

But FS2004 loads very slow when one of the controllers aren't connected to the computer.

FS2004 default flight KSEA C172 12.00 without FSUIPC. Time from the menu "create a flight" until fly ready: 9 sec.

FS2004 default flight KSEA C172 12.00 with FSUIPC. Time from the menu "create a flight" until fly ready: 28 sec.

FS2004 default flight KSEA C172 12.00 with FSUIPC CHProduct Yoke disconnected. Time from the menu "create a flight" until fly ready: 48 sec.

FS2004 default flight KSEA C172 12.00 with FSUIPC CHProduct Yoke and Pedals and Saitek Throttle disconnected. Time from the menu "create a flight" until fly ready: after 4 minuts loading scenery objects still at 1%.

When I reinsert de controllers while fs2004 is still loading, the loading proceed suddenly very quick

Does somebody have a solution or explanation for this problem?

I have deleted all my axis-assignments in FS2004 and assigned it via FSUIPC (v3.93). This works great.

But FS2004 loads very slow when one of the controllers aren't connected to the computer.

Sounds like your joystick drivers are still polling the joysticks and timing out. Why are you disconnecting them? That isn't a good thing to do in any case. Leave them connected. If you do that sort of thing with FS assignments it tends to reassign default settings each time, thinking they are new devices.

Incidentally, FSUIPC 3.93 is not longer supported. The current main release is 3.96, and there's an update (3.962) already available in the Updates announcement above.

Regards

Pete