The simFlight Network Forums

Commercial version of FSUIPC

Hi Pete,

I'm creating an add-on that, maybe, I will put on sale (depends on the impressions of beta testers. At least 2 months before can finish it).

Actually I'm a registered user of FSUIPC 3 and 4 both with Widefs. Do I need a commercial version of FSUIPC? I need to contact you or simmarket?

Thanks.

Javier

I'm creating an add-on that, maybe, I will put on sale (depends on the impressions of beta testers. At least 2 months before can finish it).

Actually I'm a registered user of FSUIPC 3 and 4 both with Widefs. Do I need a commercial version of FSUIPC? I need to contact you or simmarket?

We would need to come to an agreement. When you are a bit nearer the time write to me at petedowson@btconnect.com .

I'll be uploading the FSUIPC4 update with the nearest airports offsets later today. I got it all working last night. ;-)

Regards

Pete

• 1 year later...

Hi Pete,

I hope all is well. I wanted to make you aware that there continues to be some needless confusion during the download of FSUIPC4 and purchase of product keys. I recently fell victim to this confusion when I downloaded the FSUIPC4 demo and attempted to register and buy it through the web link provided during installation.. I was somehow directed to the FSUIPC3/WIDEFS6 product key. While I quickly discovered my error, SimMarket refused to adjust my order. I ultimately spent 18 Euros more than i needed to get the correct keys. Several others have had this issue.

Anything you can do to correct this issue for me and others would be very much appreciated.

Thank You.

Carlton Cunningham

I wanted to make you aware that there continues to be some needless confusion during the download of FSUIPC4 and purchase of product keys. I recently fell victim to this confusion when I downloaded the FSUIPC4 demo

There's no "Demo" and never has been. FSUIPC is and always has been a free install for its prime purpose, acting as an interface into FS for other applications, and add-ons. Registration merely buys access to extra user facilities, and only came about when I nearly had to finish development and get a job because of personal circumstances. Adding goodies and charging for them allowed me to continue developing it from FS2002 to FS2004 and thence to FSX, ESP and Prepar3D. And it is still a full-time job.

...and attempted to register and buy it through the web link provided during installation.. I was somehow directed to the FSUIPC3/WIDEFS6 product key.

There is no such Link "provided during installation". The only link is in the "Installing and Registering FSUIPC" guide and that is to this Support Forum.

There is no single "FSUIPC3/WIDEFS6 product key", only the offer of a bundle deal if you want both.

The main download site, www.schiratti.com/dowson has separate links to each of FSUIPC3, FSUIPC4, WideFS6 and WideFS7 purchase pages. Again, there is no joint purchase page. To get the bundle you have to actually select it. And each of those links works correctly, taking you to the correct page.

Several others have had this issue

Really? You've done a survey already?

Please, I think you have not explained any issue at all. There's no way I can find that you can possibly go wrong except by explicitly clicking on the wrong links, not reading what you are selecting, and even confirming despite all of this. As far as i can see it is all as clear as it can possibly be. I didn't design any of this, but they've done a good job.

If you can identify the flaw you think you've found then I will certainly check it and get it fixed, but nothing you said makes much sense to me at present, and it simply doesn't relate to the reality of what is there!

Regards

Pete