The simFlight Network Forums

Button Section copie from PC1 to PC2

Hello,

ok, i have 2 PC's, PC1 and PC2. On both machines are the FS9 installed and also FSUIPC.

Now i have problems programming buttons on PC1, FS9 will crash afer view minutes. I dont know why, but this is not the Problem.

Ok, PC1 has connected a Saitec X52 FCS Joistick and a BU0836X Controller for the Hardware Switches.

PC2 has no Joistick connected, but i have connected temporary here the BU0836X from PC1.

Now i have programmed some Buttons on PC2 ( with the PMDG Macro ).

eg here the FS Internal Landing Lights:

[buttons]

23=P1,4,C66059,0

24=U1,4,C66060,0

now i have copied the complete Button Section from the FSUIPC.ini into the FSUIPC.ini from PC2 to PC1.

But if i now try the same Hardware Button the Lights will not come up and the button will not work.

Also when i no go in the FSUIPC Menu Button & Switches on PC1 and the Toogle the Button the Button action is not displayed in the field "Control sent when Button pressed".

Whats here wrong?

Must i also on PC2 have connected the X52 ?

Matthias

Now i have problems programming buttons on PC1, FS9 will crash afer view minutes. I dont know why, but this is not the Problem.

Well it might not be the problem, but it certainly is a problem.

Now i have programmed some Buttons on PC2 ( with the PMDG Macro ).

now i have copied the complete Button Section from the FSUIPC.ini into the FSUIPC.ini from PC2 to PC1.

But if i now try the same Hardware Button the Lights will not come up and the button will not work.

Is the joystick number of your button connection the same on both PCs? It seems rather unlikely if there's also a Saitek device on the other. The joystick numbers are assigned by Windows and could be anything from 0 to 15, but generally the first seen will be 0, not 1 as you have there, presumably because on the other PC the Saitek is number 0?

There are facilities in FSUIPC for using names rather than numbers, with letters inside FSUIPC instead of numbers, and that might work better for you, but you have to enable that facility -- it is covered quite comprehensively in the documentation.

Also when i no go in the FSUIPC Menu Button & Switches on PC1 and the Toogle the Button the Button action is not displayed in the field "Control sent when Button pressed".

Have you bothered to compare the Joystick Number and Button Numbers at the top of that screen with those in your INI file and those on the other PC?

Please ALWAYS state the exact version number of FSUIPC you are using when asking questions. If you are not using the latest you should look at the Updates Announcement above.

Regards

Pete