The simFlight Network Forums

Pot not showing in FSUIPC.

I am using a BU0836X joystick controller card for my throttles, rudder pedals, brakes, flaps and speed brakes. Using XP 64 bit on an i7 computer.

All work perfectly in FS2004 with the latest FSUIPC 3966 except that it will not pick up the pot for the speed brakes. That control is working ok in the game controllers and it works ok in FSX with the same computer and the same connections, but will not show in FS2004 when I do a re-scan in axis assignment.

Does anyone have an idea why FSUIPC would not allow that control to show.

Regards..................Brian W.

I am using a BU0836X joystick controller card for my throttles, rudder pedals, brakes, flaps and speed brakes. Using XP 64 bit on an i7 computer.

All work perfectly in FS2004 with the latest FSUIPC 3966 except that it will not pick up the pot for the speed brakes. That control is working ok in the game controllers and it works ok in FSX with the same computer and the same connections, but will not show in FS2004 when I do a re-scan in axis assignment.

FSUIPC3 uses the original joystick access facilities provided in Windows. These only support 6 axes, XYZRUV. It sounds like your pot isn't configured to be one of those. In FSUIPC4 I changed over to using DirectInput instead, and that supports more axes -- I expect that's why you see it in Game controllers and FS. FS itself has used DirectInput since about Fs2002 but FSUIPC dates back to FS98 days.

Regards

Pete