The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC on FS9: Deny write access

Qala

Hello Pete and everyone else,

i am currently building a setup around FS9 with vasFMC and Jeehell's A320 Systems. But these crash into each other about the FS9 Flight director setting, so here is my question:

Is it possible to deny one specific client application, sitting directly on the FS machine OR on a WideClient, write access to all or just specific offsets?

Thanks for your help and greetings,

Nils

i am currently building a setup around FS9 with vasFMC and Jeehell's A320 Systems. But these crash into each other about the FS9 Flight director setting, so here is my question:

Is it possible to deny one specific client application, sitting directly on the FS machine OR on a WideClient, write access to all or just specific offsets?

No, there's no way to do that.

If you are only talking about the FD on/off status, doesn't the last one operated win? Surely neither of them keep writing the same thing?

Regards

Pete

No, there's no way to do that.

If you are only talking about the FD on/off status, doesn't the last one operated win? Surely neither of them keep writing the same thing?

Yes, they do apparently.

vasFMC uses it and keeps switching it off on the ground when the ATHR is off and Jeehell's A320FMGC systems don't use it at all but try to keep it on anyway.

So it goes on and off about 2 or 3 times per second, the PFD (vasFMC) displays ugly flickering around the mode announciators and cpu load is pretty high.

What do you think about considering this a feature request for FSUIPC? It would be a nice way to work around some of these conflicts, especially with freeware gauges and utilities.

Regards

Nils

What do you think about considering this a feature request for FSUIPC? It would be a nice way to work around some of these conflicts, especially with freeware gauges and utilities.

Well, in the 11+ years of FSUIPC and WideFs it's really the first time anything like this has come up. I'm not sure how I can make a generally applicable facility. Supposing both programs were being run on the same PC? FSUIPC doesn't distinguish between client programs these days.

The best I could do within reason is to add a facility in WideClient to block selected offsets being written. Parameters similar to those for "monitor" perhaps. Have a look at that and see what you think.

[LATER]

I implemented a Deny facility, as I mentioned, in WideClient 6.793, now available in the Updates announcement.

Regards

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

hi

i am new to this forum and need help.i am trying to make a rotary switch with 6 positions work the autobrakes switch in pmdg 737ng fs2004.i am using macros and not getting anyware so decided to use offsets...i read up various posts who say use offset 0x2f80 par 0-5 (this needs to be checked as i cant be 100%) which made sense but the offset must be the wrong hex num.I saw on another site the offset should be 0x6db1 (i think or 0x6bd1) and i tried this but again no luck.i had more luck with macros but when i make all 6 macros and correctly assign them the switch goes crazy, basically going up and down like no tomorrow.can anyone shed any light on what i am doing wrong

fs2004 (fs9)

fsuipc 3.96 registered (thanks pete) with widefs

pmdg payware boxed 737ng

various add ons

any help would be appreciated

hi

i am new to this forum and need help.i am trying to make a rotary switch with 6 positions work the autobrakes switch in pmdg 737ng fs2004.i am using macros and not getting anyware so decided to use offsets...i read up various posts who say use offset 0x2f80 par 0-5 (this needs to be checked as i cant be 100%) which made sense

You do realise you are adding to a thread entitled "FSUIPC on FS9: Deny write acesss", don't you? This subject was dealt with and resolved. You'd be better off starting your own thread with a more appropriate title.

2F80 is indeed the FS autobrake control and indicator offset, but it might have been easier for you to simply assign to the added FSUIPC control, available in the FSUIPC assignment dropdowns, called Autobrake Set. That's what it was added for, to make things easier! ;-)

... but the offset must be the wrong hex num

It may well be for PMDG aircraft as they tend to implement their own systems completely separately to those in FS.

I saw on another site the offset should be 0x6db1 (i think or 0x6bd1) and i tried this but again no luck.i had more luck with macros but when i make all 6 macros and correctly assign them the switch goes crazy, basically going up and down like no tomorrow.can anyone shed any light on what i am doing wrong

Sorry, I don't have access to the PMDG aircraft now. Hazarding a guess, mouse macros for PMDG usually work, but with a rotary switch like the autobrake one there'll on by two operations -- turn clockwise or turn anti-clockwise. That means to select a specific position you'd been to turn it 5 times left then n-times right or vice versa. Pretty horrible.

I'm sure someone would be able to help, but you'll certainly need to post with a more explicit thread title, as I said. You might also want to try posting in the MyCockpit forums as there are a lot of folks there who have built cockpits around the PMDG aircraft, especially the 737NG. http://www.mycockpit.org/forums

fsuipc 3.96 registered (thanks pete) with widefs

There's a much updated version available in the Updates announcement here. I'll be releasing 3.98 this week.

Regards

Pete

sorry for the wrong posting but as i said its my first time so i will remember to start a new thread.i have seen other threads on this which i will try and hopefully get it to work.what a great piece of software by the way.....

"question"

once registered to fsuipc does future updates require new registration or can you use existing reg keys as i have only just purchased the 3.96

many thanks

once registered to fsuipc does future updates require new registration or can you use existing reg keys as i have only just purchased the 3.96

You didn't purchase 3.96, but FSUIPC3. Once you purchase FSUIP3, or FSUIPC4 (they are separate purchases) you have a registration with is valid for all versions from that date on. You only need to re-enter the registration (via the Installer) if you re-install windows, re-format your hard disk, or move to another PC.

You are advised to keep your copy of FSUIPC up to date. There are often later versions in the Updates Announcement here which add facilities and fix things. The next major new release is being made tomorrow or Thursday (3.98 replacing your 3.96). You should update, as support for 3.96 will cease shortly afterwards.

Regards

Pete