The simFlight Network Forums

Trouble with Rudder

I tried to adjust the steering tiller in FSUIPC. When I would step on the left rudder pedel to steer, I'de careen off the runway if I pressed the left rudder. With outside cockpit view I noticed when I would use the L rudder pedal, the rudder would move all the way to the left in a full movement. Help

I tried to adjust the steering tiller in FSUIPC. When I would step on the left rudder pedel to steer, I'de careen off the runway if I pressed the left rudder. With outside cockpit view I noticed when I would use the L rudder pedal, the rudder would move all the way to the left in a full movement. Help

First, the steering tiller input is a separate control, a separate axis, to your rudder! That's the whole point! It allows an independent control over steering. It does NOT do anything for your rudder pedals!!

Second, if your left rudder pedal goes from neutral (0) to max immediately, then either it is atrociously calibrated or it is a digital rudder which only signals ON or OFF.

In your second message you say:

When i press te right ruder pedal the movement is slow and linear.

Which, if your left and right pedals are acting on the same axis (which isn't necessarily so *) implies that it is your rudder calibration which needs sorting out.

* Some pedals, meant for use in driving games, have separated left and right pedals, for use as brake and accelerator, respectively.

Regards

Pete

I have Saitek rudder pedels (USB) I never got it to work and now I have a new problem. The rudder itself is turned to the right and no pedel push will move it. Could you tell me the page number for the manual so I can calibrate the rudders.

There is no specific "page number" for rudders. The calibration instructions are in ther chapter entitled joystick Calibration. The same procedure applies to all exes, and there's a step by step guide.

If you mean on the Joystick Calibration TAB in FSUIPC, the rudder control is on the first page along with ailerons, elevators and throttle. All of the primary flight controls are there in full view on the first page.

But first get those pedals properly calibrated in Windows and working reasonably well in FS. FSUIPC is no miracle worker! If the Windows data for the rudders is useless it cannot do anything. Nothing can recover information which isn't there!

In other words, just forget FSUIPC till you have a working control. FSUIPC only provides the finishing touches.

Regards

Pete