The simFlight Network Forums

FUSIPC GO FLIGHT JS4100

I have a selection of go flight panels including MCP pro an throttle quadrant, i purchased FSUIPC , which from all accouts is the bees knees in sim programming!

But as usual the instructions presume you have a degree in computor technology and to me they may as well be written in Hebrew!. I know im in my 50's and not expected to understand these things, but surely there must be some simplyfied instructions!!, for example it talks about LUA ( i thought it was an hawaian toilet) offsets, parameters and dosent explain what they are!!

Technology seems to be passing me by, for every hour i fly i spend 10 trying to program somthing. i am now getting dispondent and thinking of selling everything, taking the money ive spent and my time ,it would be cheaper to rent the simulator at heathrow. It is a shame as i really enjoy it when it rarely works.

Sorry to winge, but if anyone can help set up my system, better still if there is anyone living in my area who can instruct me( i would even pay them!)

Nick rounding

Lutterworth, Leics

I have a selection of go flight panels including MCP pro an throttle quadrant, i purchased FSUIPC , which from all accouts is the bees knees in sim programming!

For programmers, yes. not otherwise. FSUIPC is an interface for applications to get to the innards of FS.

But as usual the instructions presume you have a degree in computor technology and to me they may as well be written in Hebrew!. I know im in my 50's and not expected to understand these things

Why do you think that? I am 67.

but surely there must be some simplyfied instructions!!, for example it talks about LUA ( i thought it was an hawaian toilet) offsets, parameters and dosent explain what they are!!

Don't use them, then. You evidently have not even looked at the documents supplied else you would have seen the Lua package included. But Lua is for programmers, which you evidently are not and don't want to be by the sound of it. So why get involved?

Technology seems to be passing me by, for every hour i fly i spend 10 trying to program somthing. i am now getting dispondent and thinking of selling everything, taking the money ive spent and my time ,it would be cheaper to rent the simulator at heathrow.

I'm sorry, but really there's no excuse because you could have looked at everything BEFORE you spent the money. Why rush into buying things you don't need and cannot understand? Just browse the documentation. If you don't understand it don't spend the money.

As with many thing in computers, as well as in flying. It is easy to do easy things and harder to do hard things. There's no way of making really hard things easy. You have to actually spend some time and energy at it. Folks can help, but you have to be specific with your questions, not simply rant that you understand nothing because your an ancient person of 50 years and know nothing.

If you want FS aircraft which are easy to use out of the box, that's what you buy. If you want complexity because that's what real life is like, you have to be prepared to knuckle down a bit. Horses for courses.

Regards

Pete

But as usual the instructions presume you have a degree in computor technology and to me they may as well be written in Hebrew!. I know im in my 50's and not expected to understand these things, but surely there must be some simplyfied instructions!!, for example it talks about LUA ( i thought it was an hawaian toilet) offsets, parameters and dosent explain what they are!!

Technology seems to be passing me by, for every hour i fly i spend 10 trying to program somthing. i am now getting dispondent and thinking of selling everything, taking the money ive spent and my time ,it would be cheaper to rent the simulator at heathrow. It is a shame as i really enjoy it when it rarely works.

Sorry to winge, but if anyone can help set up my system, better still if there is anyone living in my area who can instruct me( i would even pay them!)

Nick rounding

Lutterworth, Leics

well hello you are not alone it is not easy to start and i have also had problems and stil have, whit lua cant get it workin and reading the manual all over but not writen so all would understand i mean youtube tutorial would help as the hadest part is to set up as then i runs peopel can try things as i can only until now set macro but it is not alowed in the pmdg JS4100 as in needs autopilot to have a vc as far as i know becaus the other pmdg is program abel if you click on the vc of anny thing it starts the macro becaus f you dont do that and click in the virtual cokpit it would first work then you have presed some thing on 1 of the vc pannels.

but a litel hint to how the macro work have a lok here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__of5EEZzvc&feature=related

Your right , probally is for programmers, the aircraft i buy are out of the box and all i want to do is to use the goflight panel to control them ,nothing more.

FSUPIC was reccomended to me by the supplier and it is a very good application ,I have read the paperwork, which i only found after downloading the program and registerinig. i couldnt find an overview anywhere including your web site.

I appologise for the tone of my post,I am not complaining about the program, i write out of the frustration of not being able to talk to someone who can help me on a level i can understand!

I would prefer to actually talk to someone if possible.

Regards,

Nick.

... the aircraft i buy are out of the box and all i want to do is to use the goflight panel to control them ,nothing more.

Virtually everything in most add=on asircraft can be controlled by normal assignments to buttons or keypresses using the simple drop-downs. Advanced stuff likev Macros, Lua plug-ins and offsets only tend to apply to obscure stuff you don't need for general flying unless you are building a cockpit. If there are some essential controls in the aircraft which are inaccessible to normal assignments then you should really complain to the makers of the aircraft. There's really no excuse. Even complex aircraft like the PMDG ones have keyboard assignments for most functions and you can assign any GoFlight buttons to keystrokes easily in FSUIPC (or probably also in GoFlight's own software).

I can't give general advice because every add-on aircraft implementation is different. If they don't have documentation telling you these things, and don't use standard FS controls, then it's a matter of detective work to find out what you have to do to use hardware to control them. And I cannot do that because (a) I don't have every add-on aircraft there is -- in fact I have almost none, just the one I need for my cockpit, and (b) there's is no way I could afford the time to investigate how to do everything with every aircraft.

I can, however, answer specific questions, when asked. And I do, if you examine the threads here you will see I try to answer every specific question.

I'm off now till Monday. Maybe you can find someone else using the same aircraft as you and who has sussed it out? Is your "J4100" the same aircraft discussed in the "PMDG J41 commands" stickie thread in this Forum? If so, did you read that? Maybe you should add your questions there? Mr. Guenseli is doing very well and he started knowing nothing too. ;-)

Regards

Pete