The simFlight Network Forums

Duplicate Assignments

Hi Pete

This is just a general question about FSUIPC4 and FSX:

I don't know if this has been asked before but using FSX/FSUIPC4 is the following possible?

In FSX when you assign an axis (and/or a button/key) in Settings, Controls/Axis i.e via Change assignments- if you choose an axis (key, button) that has already been assigned - FSX has a pop-up window that states : "This event is currently assigned to the "XXXX axis" action".

Is there any way that this type of functionality could be incorporated into FSUIPC4? That is to say that if an axis (key. button) was being assigned in FSUIPC4 but was already assigned in FSX, FSUIPC4 would give you an indication that this axis had already been assigned in FSX.

Another bonus would be an option on a course of action to take eg remove axis, etc assignment in FSX before proceeding.

This would remove the problem of an axis being assigned in both FSX and FSUIPC4! :)

Thanks

PeterH

... That is to say that if an axis (key. button) was being assigned in FSUIPC4 but was already assigned in FSX, FSUIPC4 would give you an indication that this axis had already been assigned in FSX.

How does it know this?

Another bonus would be an option on a course of action to take eg remove axis, etc assignment in FSX before proceeding.

How does it do that?

These are very nice -- and of course should apply to Button presses too -- but who knows how to do such things? I'm really past my best hacking deep into code days. That nearly made me give up in FS9 times. FSX was only relatively "easy" because of SimConnect, but of course that meant a complete re-write. However, even SimConnect doesn't provide this information.

Regards

Pete