The simFlight Network Forums

Install problem

I have the latest version of FSUICP and it worked fine. I just reinstalled Windows and everything else that goes with FSX and previously started FSX as instructed.

I installed FSUICP fine, but in the installer I selected - Just enter new registration - After filling in the required information on the next step and clicked ok it wouldn't work. I canceled out and read the instructions again and determined that I should have selected - Check existing registrations - In order to get the installer window to come up, I clicked install again, then entered the information again with the proper option selected, it still wouldn't work.

Any ideas what to do?

I installed FSUICP fine, but in the installer I selected - Just enter new registration - After filling in the required information on the next step and clicked ok it wouldn't work.

What, exactly "wouldn't work"? Can't you describe your problem in a little more detail? Do you mean FS didn't work, or you couldn't even enter your registration, or what?

I canceled out and read the instructions again and determined that I should have selected - Check existing registrations

No you shouldn't. If you'd just re-installed Windows there would not be any "existing" registration to be checked. You wiped everything clean.

Peter

I was able to get it to work.

The problem was that I couldn't get it to confirm registration. Reason it wasn't working is because it asked for Email or Address/Zip code. I entered Zip Code and it wouldn't accept. I gave up after 2 attempts because in order to get the installer screen to show up again, it had to run the install and I didn't know if that was good to install repeatedly while I try different options. When I tried it again today, I entered Email address for the option - Just enter new registration. It worked

I do have a question in how one should interpret which option to select for registration and why I selected - Check existing registrations on my second attempt.You responded back that -Just enter new registration is the correct way in my situation.

Installer for FSUICP4

First select whether it is FSUIPC4, WideFS7 or both you are registering (or checking).

The options offered are:

-Delete the previous registrations (this also lets you enter new ones). This is useful when you are changing one of the

Keys in order to get your Name and Address/Email the same for both FSUIPC4 and WideFS7.

-Check the existing registrations. This will also effectively re-register you automatically if you have re-installed

Windows or moved to a new PC, and have copied your previous FSUIPC4.KEY file into the FSX Modules folder

already. It saves you having to re-enter the Key(s).

-Enter new registrations for FSUIPC4 and/or WideFS.

It would seem that since I reinstalled Windows that one should select -Check the existing registrations.

Not an issue now, but as I read it, it seems that when you reinstall Windows (the part I underlined in the quoted text)- Check the existing registrations would have been the appropriate selection.

Reason it wasn't working is because it asked for Email or Address/Zip code. I entered Zip Code and it wouldn't accept.

It doesn't matter what it is provided it matches exactly your registration details. It's the address or zip code or whatever you used when purchasing the registration.

I do have a question in how one should interpret which option to select for registration and why I selected - Check existing registrations on my second attempt.You responded back that -Just enter new registration is the correct way in my situation

If your installation is already registered and you want to check it, you select "check". If it isn't, you need to enter your registration details. Your registration details are the ones you used originally and never change. They are those recorded for you when you purchased the key.

It would seem that since I reinstalled Windows that one should select -Check the existing registrations.

If all you did was re-install Windows, and you had not touched the FS installation, so the FSUIPC files were all still intact in modules, then, yes, you could have got the registration re-instated by using "check". Did that apply to you? Most folks, when re-installing Windows also re-install everything else. not you?

It doesn't do any harm in any case. It would tell you one way or the other.

Regards

Pete