The simFlight Network Forums

need help with throttles

Hello Pete,

I hope I can make you understandable what I want to do....

As I like the birds from A2A Simulations I want to make a special throttle setup for me.

The A2A Accusimmed Addons need all a certain throttle to avoid sparks fouling.

And with the planes with more than one engine you often steer with right/left engines throtteling

(left engines 100% let you make a right turn)

So I have assigned my primary hardware throttle (saitek X52) to all four engines and control them all together with that.

But I have also assigend to saitek throttles to control engines left (1, 2) and right engines (3, 4) so that I can make turns on ground with the throttle.

I call them secondary throttles...

What I want now, is to have my X52 primary throttle as a kind of "master throttle".

When I have set e.g. 20% throttle with that, the secondary throttles shouldn't fall below this 20%, even when the secondary throttles are at zero.

Background is, that I taxi on ground with the secondaries and then line up on the runway and will increase my primary throttle.

But primary throttle was at e.g. zero and so the addons RPM drop of course.

Same after landing if I change from primary to secondary throttle...

To leave all three throttles at 20% wouldn't work, because they interfere each other due to slight movement.

And you can't reach everytime the same percent...

So, primary set to 20% means, that secondary will be moved but only jump in and increase if over 20%.

And when decreasing, the seondaries shouldn't be able to fall below the primaries setted value...

Hope you understand.... :wink:

This smells for LUA, but I would be very glad if you could give me some hints how you would try to manage this...

thank you very much,

Guenter

What I want now, is to have my X52 primary throttle as a kind of "master throttle".

When I have set e.g. 20% throttle with that, the secondary throttles shouldn't fall below this 20%, even when the secondary throttles are at zero.

If you assign them all via FSUIPC assignments, then FSUIPC will arbitrate, selecting the one with the highest value. So what you want could work, PROVIDED that you don't raise your "secondary" throttles further than the "primary" setting. If you did you'd need to correct it by moving them back and then moving the primaries slightly. This is because only changes have effect, not static values.

To leave all three throttles at 20% wouldn't work, because they interfere each other due to slight movement.

Not if assigned in FSUIPC. As I said, it arbitrates between axes assigned to the same control, taking the highest (or furthest from centre for controls like aileron, elevator and rudder).

So, primary set to 20% means, that secondary will be moved but only jump in and increase if over 20%.

That's what the arbitration would do.

This smells for LUA, but I would be very glad if you could give me some hints how you would try to manage this...

You could write a plug-in to do such things in clever ways, assigning the throttles in FSUIPC to different user offsets then programming whatever manipulations you like in the plug-in before sending them on as FS controls. But do try the normal arbitration first. I think you'll find it is close to what you want in any case. You don't need to do anything special, just assign them all in FSUIPC "direct to FSUIPC calibration". The arbitration is automatic for duplicate assignments.

In a few hours I am leaving for a holiday, not back then till April 8th.

Regards

Pete

If you assign them all via FSUIPC assignments, then FSUIPC will arbitrate, selecting the one with the highest value

Ah, that was exactly what I wanted....

I have assigend primary throttle to "Throttle/Slew" and secondary to "Throttle 1/2" and "throttle 3/4".

That doesn't work.

Now I have changed primary to "Throttle 1/2/3/4" and it works as you said (of course)

And that is now, what I wanted...

Life can be so easy :mrgreen:

Thanks Pete and have a nice holiday!

Greetings to your family!

Guenter