The simFlight Network Forums

loose all my CH yoke and pedals settings in fs9

hi , sometime when i want to connect gamepad (logitech) ,i have to remove the CH pedals and yoke from USB ports because if not i experience conflicts... but when i do so, i loose all my fsuipc settings and configuration for fs9 ..is there a different way to do that? soory for my bad english.

henry

hi , sometime when i want to connect gamepad (logitech) ,i have to remove the CH pedals and yoke from USB ports because if not i experience conflicts... but when i do so, i loose all my fsuipc settings and configuration for fs9 ..is there a different way to do that? soory for my bad english.

You don't ever actually lose them -- they are still in the INI file. But your device number will be changed by Windows. There is an easy answer.

First, make sure you are using the currently supported version of FSUIPC (3.98 or 4.60 or later).

Second, take a look at the chapter in the User Guide called "Keeping track of multiple control devices". It's listed in the Contents near the front. This facility allows Letters (A-Z) to be used in assignments instead of the Windows ID numbers, so that if the numbers change, FSUIPC can still identify which device is which.

Regards

Pete

hi pete, i have version 3.98... where about can i find the user guide?

When you downloaded the FSUIPC.ZIP you would have found the FSUIPC Installer (which you ran) and the Installation guide (which you should have read). That tells you exactly what files you get and where to find them! All documents and other goodies are installed in the FSUIPC Documents folder, inside the FS Modules folder.

Documents are supplied to inform you. Please do use them.

Pete

hi pete, thx for the reply, i got that. now when connecting my logitech game pad , is it suppose to show up in the fsuipc ini as game pad or am i suppose to add it .

Why in the INI? Isn't it a normal joystick type device like other gamepads? Don't it's buttons and joysticks or rocker pads show in the Buttons and Axes tabs? You shouldn't need to edit the INI. Does FS see it?

Pete