The simFlight Network Forums

Four Levers, Four Engines - Want 2 Throttles and 2 Reversers

Hi Guys:

I've been googling for a few hours on this one and i've not found anything that really answers the question, but here is the situation

I have two Saitek USB Throttle quadrants, for a total of 6 levers, and i would like to assign the following

1. Spoilers

2. Engine 1 and 2 Throttles

3. Engine 3 and 4 Throttles

4. Engine 1 and 2 Reverse

5. Engine 3 and 4 Reverse

6. Flaps

At present, i have them assigned as Spoilers, E1, E2, E3, E4, Flaps, with the pushbutton at the bottom of E1 - 4 assigned as throttle decrease, but that's a bit excessive on the reversers for most situations.

Ergo, is there a way to assign the throttles as in the points above?

I'm using FSX, and am up to date as of today with the FSUIPC DLL.

Cheers

Smiffy

I've been googling for a few hours on this one and i've not found anything that really answers the question

Ergo, is there a way to assign the throttles as in the points above?

Why google? What's wrong with looking at the options in FSUIPC? It does actually come with documentation, and something this easy is even pretty quick to spot on-screen, inside the FSUIPC options displays.

For the throttles, check the documentation or the actual option pages on screen, and note the options on the 4 throttles page to assign 1->12 and 2->34. You simply assign and calibrate as if for 2 engines, than check that option. FSUIPC will do that mapping for a 4 engined aircraft but keep the standard 2-engine arrangement for a 2 engined one. As you aren't using the reverse zone, dont forget to check the "no reverse zone" option too.

Unfortunately at present there's no similar mapping on the 4 reversers page -- though now that the need has come up it is something I may well do. However, there's always the other way of doing this. Since you have to assign reversers in the FSUIPC axis assignments tab in any case, note that you can assign any axis to 1, 2, 3 or 4 controls -- there are 4 entries for the axis assignment. So you can assign one axis to reversers 1 and 2 and another to 3 and 4.

I'm using FSX, and am up to date as of today with the FSUIPC DLL.

What does "up to date" mean? 4.60 or 4.604 or later? Folks have said that before and realy meant "the last version they saw", wherever.

Regards

Pete

Hi Peter:

Thanks for that, i'm mid flight at the moment, so being in full screen couldn't open the doc's. It was something i was going to do pre-flight, and then i forgot, but thanks for answering the question. I'll explore that and the workaround for the reversers too. Thanks also for considering the possibility for adding the same sort of mapping functionality to the reversers assignments.

In terms of being up to date, i'm 4.604 ;)

Cheers

Smiffy

And again a good idea Pete !

On my Goflight TQ6, I have four throttle levers and four Reversers, but these are not axes, they are only on/off switches. And it is not very realistic nowadays, because most of the time, the reversers are forbidden on airports for noise reasons, you are allowed only to open the "shells".

So on 2 engine jets, i assigned the Throttle 3 and 4 as reversers axes, and I have the proportional opening of the reversers as in real life.

With you trick I will have the reversers coupled 2 per 2, just like the engines 1-4 and 2-3, which is much better that four independent engines and no proportional reversers:

GREAT !!

best regards

Philippe