The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with TCAS when in VATSIM

Hello Peter, first I want to say what a great product you have given us all. Thank you

Here is my strange issue. I have many payware aircraft. All of which I have flown online. At one time I flew the PSS 777 and the TCAS worked great. NOw, after some months of not flying it, a reformat several months ago of my HD, and the chnage to my laptop to use FSInn, the TCAS Swill not work while online. Before we go any further, I want to say that I tried FSInn on the desktop and the same TCAS issue prevails.

If I use default aircraft offline, the TCAS shows them all perfectly. But, when I get online, no planes on TCAS. Its funny, I flew with a friend today, the exact same PSS 777 model, and he had me on TCAS. He is using FSInn as well and I believe the full version of FSUIPC as am I. My mIsc settings are 40nm and flight in the TCAS section as are his.

All of my other planes work perfectly, even the PSS 757.

I have reinstalled the plane and still the same issue.

Can you please offer some guidance to resolve this issue? Just Flight support is at a loss now too.

Should I reinstall FSUIPC? And, how should I go about making sure the old install is completly gone from all areas of my machine?

Many, many thanks for your time and response.

At one time I flew the PSS 777 and the TCAS worked great. NOw, after some months of not flying it, a reformat several months ago of my HD, and the chnage to my laptop to use FSInn, the TCAS Swill not work while online. Before we go any further, I want to say that I tried FSInn on the desktop and the same TCAS issue prevails.

I don't know FSInn at all, but if your TCAS gauge reads the traffic data from FSUIPC then you need something injecting the data about the multiplayer aircraft into FSUIPC's data space. FSUIPC itself can only provide data for the AI Traffic in FS, which I think is (normally?) switched off when you fly on-line.

I know with SB3 folks used to use Jose Oliveira's "AIBridge" program to perform this function (injecting MP aircraft data into FSUIPC), but I'm afraid I don't know what, if anything, does it with FSInn.

If I use default aircraft offline, the TCAS shows them all perfectly. But, when I get online, no planes on TCAS. Its funny, I flew with a friend today, the exact same PSS 777 model, and he had me on TCAS. He is using FSInn as well and I believe the full version of FSUIPC as am I. My mIsc settings are 40nm and flight in the TCAS section as are his.

It won't be related to whether FSUIPC is registered or not, or any options in FSUIPC, but to whatever program or module is performing the MP traffic injection.

Can you please offer some guidance to resolve this issue? Just Flight support is at a loss now too.

Just Flight? You mean for the aircraft? It won't be an aircraft function. It will be FSInn or some accessory program you need to set up or run to do the job.

I'm afraid I'm not much further help on this subject as I don't fly on-line and know precious little about FSInn or how these programs provide their data.

Should I reinstall FSUIPC? And, how should I go about making sure the old install is completly gone from all areas of my machine?

FSUIPC is only the FSUIPC.DLL. There are no other "bits" of the program. Re-installing is merely putting the DLL into the same place it is now, and uninstalling is merely deleting the DLL. I really think you are looking in the wrong place. You know FSUIPC is okay because everything works when you fly off-line. It has to be FSInn or an associated ancillary program.

Regards

Pete

HI Peter, thank you for the quick and thurough response.

Yeah, I am not real sure whre to look at this point.

Just flight sent me a gau package that I am going to try. I think my problem may be in the AI Bridge package after reading your post. I do believe that there is an AL Bridge in FSInn. Maybe it is not working properly. Well obviously it is not working properly. :lol:

Thanks for giving me another place to look.