The simFlight Network Forums

cannot register FSUIPC

This is the email sent to me to register FSUIPC4 the registration does not work. (see below)

XXXXXX REMOVED! YOU MUST NEVER PUBLISH YOUR REGISTRATION DETAILS. IT MAY HAVE TO BE DISQUALIFIED NOW! XXXXXX

Please help me with registration

Below is a copy of FSUIPC registration detail

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.57

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

... ___ OK! FOUND FSX! ___ ...

Looking in registry for ESP install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"AppPath"

... NOT found! ...

===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR FSX:

AppPath="E:\FSX\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61472.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

Found SimConnect build 60905 (Original)

Found SimConnect build 61242 (SP1 May07)

Found SimConnect build 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

E:\FSX\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... Version 4.570 found.

FSX Modules folder already exists.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "E:\FSX\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Looking for the current user's Application Data path:

... found as "C:\Users\larry\AppData\Roaming"

Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Users\larry\AppData\Roaming"

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Users\larry\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"

Now checking DLL.XML ...

... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.

... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.

... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay

Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...

... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.

Looking in "C:\Users\larry\Application Data\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\larry\Contacts\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\larry\Cookies\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\larry\Desktop\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\larry\Documents\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\larry\Downloads\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\larry\Favorites\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\larry\Links\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\larry\Local Settings\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\larry\Music\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\larry\My Documents\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\larry\My Videos\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\larry\NetHood\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\larry\NIS Backup\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\larry\O&O\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\larry\Pictures\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\larry\PrintHood\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\larry\Recent\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\larry\Saved Games\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\larry\Searches\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\larry\SendTo\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\larry\ShipSim2008 UserData\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\larry\Start Menu\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\larry\Templates\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\larry\Unzipped\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\larry\Videos\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\larry\Virtual Machines\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Now installing additional files into the Modules folder:

Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay

Installed "GlobalSign Root.exe" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Library.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Plug-Ins.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua License.pdf" okay

Installed "Example LUA plugins.zip" okay

This is the email sent to me to register FSUIPC4 the registration does not work. (see below)

XXXXXX REMOVED! YOU MUST NEVER PUBLISH YOUR REGISTRATION DETAILS. IT MAY HAVE TO BE DISQUALIFIED NOW! XXXXXX

The key you posted openly is NOT a valid FSUIPC4 key, it is an FSUIPC3 key, issued on 30th July 2007 to what must have been another "larry mintz" also of blake st. needham with the attbi.com email address you say is not yours. Your brother maybe? But with the same name?

If that really was you too, then it was the second time you bought FSUIPC3, the first time being on 10th January 2005.

As far as I can see (and I don't have full records) you bought FSUIPC4 four times in all, with your comcast email: on 21st October 2006, on 21st May 2007, on 5th May 2010 and 24th May 2010. I don't know why you've done this (but thanks for your support!), but the key you posted would not have related to any of those purchases, and they most certainly all used your comcast email address.

To my knowledge the current practice of SimMarket is NOT to email any registrations for any product, but only a receipt. It is then up to you to go to your account there and retrieve the key yourself. This is the way it has worked for years and certainly it has operated like this for everything I have purchased from them.

BTW version 4.57 of FSUIPC4 is out of date and unsupported. Please download the current version, 4.60, and install that.

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete,

Thanks for your quick reply,

Yes that was me, I have had all upgrades of Flight Simulator since version 1 until FSX 10 and many computer upgrades as well. So on many occasions while upgrading I chose to just repurchase the program than the take the time it sometimes takes to search for proper keys.

This last situation was rather strange since the FSUICP file is what I downloaded from Simmarket v4.57 according to the file located in FSX addons. Obviously the key in the receipt would not work so I requested a proper key and what I listed (sorry) in my message to you was what they sent. I didnt even notice the date but the email address was not mine.

Well at any rate I just downloaded the proper file and used the key in the receipt which didnt work before now has worked and so I am all registered. As for multiple purchases some times it fine to support a program like yours since it plays an important part in FSX, although I do npt use all of the options it certainly plays a big part in FSX and its many addons.

So thanks again

Larry

This last situation was rather strange since the FSUICP file is what I downloaded from Simmarket v4.57 according to the file located in FSX addons.

There's no place I know in SimMarket where you can download FSUIPC. The main releases are found at http://www.schiratti.com/dowson , and version 4.60 has been there now many weeks.

Obviously the key in the receipt would not work so I requested a proper key and what I listed (sorry) in my message to you was what they sent.

What key in what receipt? As I said, I've always had to go to my SimMarket account to obtain keys. Have they put them in the receipts now? And if there was a key in the receipt why should it not work?

I didnt even notice the date but the email address was not mine.

But it was yours! Don't you remember it? That was your email address when you purchased FSUIPC3 for the second time on 30th July 2007, and that was the FSUIPC3 key you purchased! I expect that is what SimMarket retrieved for you as you may have been a little unclear about it being for FSUIPC4 not FSUIPC3.

You now have 2 valid keys for FSUIPC3 and 4 valid keys for FSUIPC4, the two for FSUIPC3 being with that email address you maintain is "not yours". ;-)

... I am all registered.

Okay. I'm glad you are sorted.

Please be sure not to ever openly post your keys again.

Regards

Pete

Please excuse me if I have an occasional memory lapse, I have just upgraded from XP to WIN7 Pro 64 bit and I am rebuilding FSX, there are so so many add-ons that I have to find keys and receipts for that sometimes I have to refresh my memory to recall their needs for each re-install.

The date I downloaded FSIUPC was 5/24/2010 after installing to FSX the FSUIPC file in add-on scenery was v 4.57. The key Simmarket supplied in their receipt was for the FUIPC4 I downloaded.

1 x PETE DOWSON - FSUIPC4 (2068) = EUR 24.00

This did not seem to register the v 4.57 unless I did something wrong so I contacted Simmarket and asked for a proper key that’s when they sent me the email with the incorrect email address and another key which also did not work. I guess I missed a few issues (my fault) but re-installing all these addons gets me a little dizzy at times. Sorry for the confusion.

Now I have v 4.60 and the above key sent to me on the original Simmarket received on their receipt above registered FSUIPC

Larry

Please excuse me if I have an occasional memory lapse.

Of course. My own little grey cells are fading too these days. Not sure whether it's my age or the beer! ;-)

The date I downloaded FSIUPC was 5/24/2010 after installing to FSX the FSUIPC file in add-on scenery was v 4.57.

I'd like to know where you got 4.57 only two days ago because the only valid places for it have all got 4.60 and have had since early March. I should like to chase up this other place you found, if you can remember where it was?

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

When I upgraded to WIN 7 I put my XP hard drive in an external case so that I could access my Flight Simulator files to re-build FSX and ordered a new hard drive for WIN 7.

The file came from my stored files, it was dated 2/13/2010. It was probably the file was using in FSX XP. I did not know that there was a later version since it worked fine several days before when I was using XP only

Larry

• 5 weeks later...

Sim-market do not send keys in emails because email isn't a secure method of communication, anyone can intercept email. Log into your Sim-market account then click on the my products button to see a list of your purchases, then click on FSUIPC and you will see your key.

Click on the "My Products" link which is on the right hand side of the Sim-market web-page, then you should see a list of recent purchases. Click on 'PETE DOWSON - FSUIPC4' and this will take you to the page with the registration key, please do not confuse this with the PayPal verification number, they are not the same thing. The FSUIPC product key should be in a text box near the top of the page along with your name and email address too.

Like this;

key.jpg