The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC problem with aicarrier in FSX

I was running the FSX program with both the aicarrier2 and Javier's Nimitz/Ike carriers. Life was great as i could place my ships anywhere using the add-on tab in the FSX menu or the "shift J". NOW THE PROBLEM:

I recently purchased the VRS Superbug for FSX and part of the download required the FSUIPC update. When the FSUIPC downloaded and saved to FSX, it removed or just overwrote my aicarrier in the addon menu. Now i am left with an awesome jet to fly but no carrier to land it on. I have tried the following tricks and nothing works:

- I had java errors so i reverted back to an older java6-17

- I uninstalled and reinstalled the aicarrier2 program.

- I put in the FSX discs and conducted a complete "repair"

- I rebooted FSX and the PC after the fix and reinstall.

I DO NOT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO! I know the aicarrier works it just went away when i put the FSUIPC on the game to play the Superbug.

could really appreciate the help.

When the FSUIPC downloaded and saved to FSX, it removed or just overwrote my aicarrier in the addon menu.

No, it didn't. That is simply not possible. If the FSUIPC entry is already there it simply checks it and makes sure it is okay. If it isn't, it adds it. There are many installers which corrupt the DLL.XML file, but FSUIPC's installer most certainly is not one of them.

If you want to post your DLL.XML file here I can help you fix it, but your best bet would be the AIcarrier support. After all if their installer cannot fix your problem then nothing I can do is likely to be able to. If you have no idea what your DLL.XML file is or where to find it, post the FSUIPC4 installer log here and I'll tell you where to find it.

Pete

I am experiencing the exact same problem with AI Carriers. Everything worked well until I installed FSUIPC and VRS Superbug. I have performed all the same steps with no success. Is it possible to forward my logs to you also?

What logs? I don't think logs are relevant. What is VRS Superbug? Why is that relevant?

If AICarriers is not loading and it is normally loaded by SimConnect via entries in the DLL.XML or EXE.XML files, then maybe those are corrupt. But I don't know either VRS Superbug nor AICarriers. Really you need support from whatever company makes the program you have which does not work. I can help you find out if there is a corrupted XML file (post it here), but I know nothing about those other programs and cannot help with them specifically.

The only place a Log might come in useful here is if you do not know how to find the DLL.XML and EXE.XML files -- they are in the same folder as your FSX.CFG file, if you know where that is. If not you can show me the FSUIPC installer log which will be in your FSX Modules folder. That helps, but only because it tells us where the FSX.CFG is, and therefore the DLL.XML or EXE.XML files.

Regards

Pete

I was running the FSX program with both the aicarrier2 and Javier's Nimitz/Ike carriers. Life was great as i could place my ships anywhere using the add-on tab in the FSX menu or the "shift J". NOW THE PROBLEM:

I recently purchased the VRS Superbug for FSX and part of the download required the FSUIPC update. When the FSUIPC downloaded and saved to FSX, it removed or just overwrote my aicarrier in the addon menu. Now i am left with an awesome jet to fly but no carrier to land it on. I have tried the following tricks and nothing works:

- I had java errors so i reverted back to an older java6-17

- I uninstalled and reinstalled the aicarrier2 program.

- I put in the FSX discs and conducted a complete "repair"

- I rebooted FSX and the PC after the fix and reinstall.

I DO NOT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO! I know the aicarrier works it just went away when i put the FSUIPC on the game to play the Superbug.

Thanks so much for the reply. First off, I would like to explain my message. In my post to you, I was refering to the original message in the thread, (in quoute) as I was expereincing the same problems. That post referenced AI Carriers, and the Superbug (new product software from VR Simulations) which requires the installation of FSUIPC. After installation of the FSUIPC, I was unable to start the AI Carrier function. I am just trying to resolve the issue, and would appreciate you looking at the DLL.XML and EXE.XML files.

Thanks again for your time.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?>

-

Launch

EXE.xml

False

False

-

False

False

3wirex

3wirex.exe

-

False

False

AICarriers

C:\Program Files\AICarriers\aicarriers.exe

-nogui

===========================================================

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?>

-

Launch

dll.xml

False

False

-

Object Placement Tool

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll

-

Traffic Toolbox

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll

-

Visual Effects Tool

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll

-

FS Recorder

False

False

C:\Program Files\FS Recorder for FSX\FSRecorder_FSX.dll

-

FSUIPC 4

False

Modules\FSUIPC4.dll

After installation of the FSUIPC, I was unable to start the AI Carrier function

hello guys,

I too have the FSUIPC and the VRS F18 Superbug.

But I don't have problems with AiCarriers....

One idea comes to my mind:

do you both try to use the shortcurt "shift+j" to start the AICarrier dialog?

Because with the Superbug, the shortcut "shift+j" is now for an other function

("Toggles power to the Airborne Self-Protection

Jammer. Actual jamming is toggled with SHIFT-J.")

You have to start your AICarrier dialog "manually" out from the FSX menu under "addons".

Or assign another key combination in the VRS ACR tool.

Or is the entry complete lost in the FSX menu under "addons"?

What I can see, is in the exe.xml something different to my exe.xml

-

I don't have the "-" (minus) in front of ""

But you have the same minus' in your dll.xml, so i think it is a copy and paste issue?

Beside this, I think, your dll.xml and exe.xml entries are correct.

But Pete have a sharper eye for finding coding errors :wink:

I am just trying to resolve the issue, and would appreciate you looking at the DLL.XML and EXE.XML files.

Okay. Let's see:

First, it appears that "AICarriers.exe" is loaded by the EXE.XML file, which FSUIPC installation certainly doesn't touch. Looking at that file it looks fine, providing that your AICarriers.exe program is in the folder it refers to, i.e:

C:\Program Files\AICarriers\aicarriers.exe

Before that is loaded, however, you also have another EXE loading:

3wirex.exe

from the FSX main folder. Is that correct? I don't know what it is, but do you? Is that working okay?

If those paths are correct then I don't see any reason for your AICarriers program not to load. Have you checked if it is running? Switch FSX to Windowed mode (ALT + ENTER) and check the Windows task bar. Is it (and "3wirex") listed in the programs currently running? Maybe it has an error and there is a message box awaiting your answer? Often that happens but it gets hidden when running FS in full screen mode.

The DLL.XML shows FSRecorder loading from here:

C:\Program Files\FS Recorder for FSX\FSRecorder_FSX.dll

Is that running okay?

And FSUIPC4 loading from the FSX Modules folder. Is that okay?

Really, I can see nothing amiss. Try my suggestions to check whether it is running or not and/or whether it has failed with a report. If it is running maybe you could try to terminate it (use Windows Task Manager if it appears hung).

Try starting it manually, by double clicking on its EXE. If it then works then it might be falling afoul of the security check bug in SimConnect, one which was very serious in the original FSX release but was mostly worked-around in SP1 and more so in SP2 (if your FSX installation is not fully updated to SP2 or Acceleration levels then I would urge you to apply these updates). Unfortunately Microsoft never managed to fix it fully before the FS team was disbanded.

The only further possibility is that it is running afoul of some other, unknown, SimConnect bug. I am unlikely to be able to assist there, but if you would like to get a SimConnect log (see the FSX Help announcement at the top of this Forum for instructions) then I'm sure it would be of use to the AIcarriers support folks. I can also look to see if there is anything obvious, but since I've no idea about even what AICarriers is let alone what it does I am not really in the best position to solve its problems. If you do enable SimConnect logging, keep the session very short -- only long enough to prove a problem exists, and do ZIP up the log as it will be huge. If you want me to look at it say so here and I'll tell you where to send it if you find difficulty attaching it (as some folks do for some reason I've never fathomed).

Regards

Pete