The simFlight Network Forums

Goflight MCP PRO, Feelthere 737

Hi Pete,

thanks for your support service!

Sorry, if this has been asked before:

I was quite unhappy with occasional freezes of the displays when using the Goflight MCP PRO on the same computer like my FS9 (WIN XP, CORE 2 DUO).

So I decided to check the operation via WideFS and GFDisplay on my second VISTA PC (Client PC)

I only fliy WILCO/FEELTHERE 737 and PMDG 747-400

I studied your manual, which seems to be quite complicated and I get as far as this:

1) Latest Goflight driver installed on the Client PC

2) Goflight MCP PRO connected to the Client PC, connects with the FS on the Main PC

3) GFDisplay.ini modified as mentioned in the manual Appendix 2 (added [GFMCPPRO.0] by steveo38)

4) IAS/MACH is being displayed correctly

5) ALTITUDE displayed correctly

6) Can assign buttons in FSUIPC for Increasing/decreasing the SPD display

Problems:

1) Values seem to be taken only according to the Default 737, because...

2) ...HDG Display remains dark

3) COURSE 1 displayed correctly, COURSE 2 (right side of the MCP Pro) shows the same value, instead of the Course 2 value

4) Cannot assign the A/T arm button for 2 positions (armed/disarmed), only the upeer position (armed) is read by FSUIPC (Button XYZ)

4) Is there anyone having assigned all buttons correctly for the WILCO 737/PMDG 747 in FS9?

Thanks,

Ron

I was quite unhappy with occasional freezes of the displays when using the Goflight MCP PRO on the same computer like my FS9 (WIN XP, CORE 2 DUO).

Why are they occasionally freezing? Sounds like a question for GoFlight support?

So I decided to check the operation via WideFS and GFDisplay on my second VISTA PC (Client PC)

Hmmm. I can't really support GFDisplay a lot these days. It is pretty old now and I've forgotten most of it. Instead I added GoFlight support to the FSUIPC Lua plug-in facility.

I only fliy WILCO/FEELTHERE 737 and PMDG 747-400

I don't know about Wilco, there may be an SDK for that one, but for PMDG I don't think you can fully control the aircraft's MCP through anything external -- or at least you can't get hold of the display values.

3) GFDisplay.ini modified as mentioned in the manual Appendix 2 (added [GFMCPPRO.0] by steveo38)

4) IAS/MACH is being displayed correctly

5) ALTITUDE displayed correctly

6) Can assign buttons in FSUIPC for Increasing/decreasing the SPD display

I'm surprised that much works with add-on aircraft.

1) Values seem to be taken only according to the Default 737, because...

2) ...HDG Display remains dark

3) COURSE 1 displayed correctly, COURSE 2 (right side of the MCP Pro) shows the same value, instead of the Course 2 value

4) Cannot assign the A/T arm button for 2 positions (armed/disarmed), only the upeer position (armed) is read by FSUIPC (Button XYZ)

4) Is there anyone having assigned all buttons correctly for the WILCO 737/PMDG 747 in FS9?

I doubt it. Can you assign keypresses in those aircraft? FSUIPC's interface only covers things which are implemented in FS. Folks who do add-on aircraft make up their own systems. I don't know about Wilco, but PMDG are well known for keeping their internal access secret, and only available via special drivers, such as the one I think GoFlight themselves use.

Regards

Pete

Thank you, Pete, for the quick response! Great service, have been using the registered FSUIPC and WideFS since long...

Why are they occasionally freezing? Sounds like a question for GoFlight support?

I know, asked them already about that. Got new firmware, but the problem still occurs too often.

Hmmm. I can't really support GFDisplay a lot these days. It is pretty old now and I've forgotten most of it. Instead I added GoFlight support to the FSUIPC Lua plug-in facility.

Have to check that, does this replace functions of GFDisplay, i.e. displaying values on GF's displays?

I doubt it. Can you assign keypresses in those aircraft? FSUIPC's interface only covers things which are implemented in FS. Folks who do add-on aircraft make up their own systems. I don't know about Wilco, but PMDG are well known for keeping their internal access secret, and only available via special drivers, such as the one I think GoFlight themselves use.

I am just wondering how people build these sophisticated cockpits with all the hardware working and interacting. They probably don't use Wilco or PMDG 747?

When using the Goflight driver the freezing is even worse, so I don't use any. When I plug the GF MCPPro in the main FS PC all displays are working. I would just love to have an interface to be able to plug it into a secondary pc because the freezing mainly occurs when the FS PC is busy with other things, e.g. loading scenery.

Would this work with the mentioned Lua?

Thanks from Germany,

Ron

Have to check that, does this replace functions of GFDisplay, i.e. displaying values on GF's displays?

Yes, with a rather less arcane system -- proper program statements rather than complex parameters. But it is only implemented in FSUIPC and so only runs on the FS PC. If your freezes are due to poor CPU usage on the FS PC then obviously it wouldn't help.

I am just wondering how people build these sophisticated cockpits with all the hardware working and interacting. They probably don't use Wilco or PMDG 747?

I suspect Wilco might have an SDK available. I've not really heard. Certainly Nico Kaan might be involved with that as he is with Level D interfacing. But I'm not aware of anyone using the PMDG 747 in an all-hardware cockpit with all indicators and readouts correct. Certainly the control of the switches and so on can be handled -- mouse macros seem to work well with PMDG stuff, and if not that the L:vars. Maybe you can get hold of display values through L:vars too, but that would certainly need Lua plug-in programming.

Ask around in one of the cockpit building forums, and especially MyCockpit (http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/ ).

When using the Goflight driver the freezing is even worse, so I don't use any. When I plug the GF MCPPro in the main FS PC all displays are working. I would just love to have an interface to be able to plug it into a secondary pc because the freezing mainly occurs when the FS PC is busy with other things, e.g. loading scenery.

Sounds like you need to do some twiddling with priorities and assignments. I'm surprised you have any such problems with FS9 -- FSX is the one which clobbers performance unless you tune everything correctly. Are you using an old underpowered PC?

Would this work with the mentioned Lua?

No, it is on the same PC too. If FS9 is taking 100% of the resources then nothing will stop the "freezing".

Regards

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

i have a question about fsuip and all my other configurations like

goflight mcp pro my saitec radiopanel and precision flight control 737.

I use fsuip registrated version and everything works fine.

If i am in the fs fsx to see addon, there is fsuip and pfc.

fsuip is fully blanc and still all works.

my question is:

1-do I have to fill in some data in fsuip or is it for other equipment then 737 AP.

I usely fly with 737 wilco pic

Doeke

i have a question about fsuip and all my other configurations like

goflight mcp pro my saitec radiopanel and precision flight control 737.

I use fsuip registrated version and everything works fine.

If i am in the fs fsx to see addon, there is fsuip and pfc.

fsuip is fully blanc and still all works.

Sorry, what does "FSUIPC is fully blank" mean? Do you mean left to default settings?

my question is:

1-do I have to fill in some data in fsuip or is it for other equipment then 737 AP.

A registered install of FSUIPC is a tool for you to use as you wish, for anything it can do for you.

Regards

Pete

the question is do i have to fill in so i have a better or comforteble way of handling or flying.

i have not a clue what i could do with fsuip.

Why did you purchase it then? You can have it installed without purchase for use by other add-ons which use it.

It is a bag of many tools. if you have no need for a tool, you don't use it. it is that simple. But peruse the User guide, see if anything is suggested there which interests you (something perhaps better done before parting with money?).

Regards

Pete