The simFlight Network Forums

FSUICP need help

I have a elevator problem stuck full-up. How do I disable fsuipc without loosing my license? I'm using win7 64bit and got new driver for my Saitech evo joystick. I attache a screen-shot of my settings. Elevator Center# are very high. 2days ago, everything was working fine. Herb

post-15251-128689719993_thumb.jpg

I have a elevator problem stuck full-up.

You've not calibrated it in FSUIPC, yet you've told FSUIPC to handle it for you! In fact looking at the Pic you attached it seems you've pressed "Set" on all 4 controls, to ask FSUIPC to handle them, yet you've not bothered to calibrate any of them. That is a fatal error and a waste of time. Why?

If you don't want FSUIPC calibration, simply press the Reset button, so it changes back to "Set", exactly as documented. Then those axes are not handled. But if you do you are wasting probably the most useful and most used facilities in FSUIPC, for good control handling. If instead you decide to use FSUIPC and get your money's worth, why not look in the User Guide and follow the simple numbered steps towards good calibration?

How do I disable fsuipc without loosing my license?

If you don't want to use FSUIPC what difference does it make? But as it says in the User Manual, un-installation is merely a matter of removing the DLL from the Modules folder. There's no way to lose any license, it's yours forever. How can you lose it?

I attache a screen-shot of my settings. Elevator Center# are very high. 2days ago, everything was working fine. Herb

Since it appears you've never calibrated any of the controls I find it hard to believe anything was working well, and certainly no better than not using FSUIPC at all. :-(

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete!

Please don't come down to hard on me, I think I did followed your instruction. I found in FSX control axis elevator sliders where off and reverse was ticked. I fixed those errors. About setting (Calibration) the axis in fsuipc: After setting the left Set-Button it will show reset and 3 new set button will show. next going to right lower corner, relax a little and press In-set button,next center joystick and press Center Set. (Question: once or twice? Here I did only once.) Next Forwards most upper left corner, relax a little and press Max-set button. My Fsuipc show zeros under the left reset-buttons when the joystick is centered. Here I have a little input on all 3 Axis. Aileron, Elevator, Rudder. Next: Do I have to assign now the 3 Axis under axis-assignment? Herb

post-15251-128689720006_thumb.jpg

next center joystick and press Center Set. (Question: once or twice? Here I did only once.)

Since you always want a definite centre it should be a region, one press slightly left or below centre, another slightly right or above centre. Otherwise sometimes you won't actually get a true centre. It does explain this in the step-by-step instructions -- you must have missed the whole of Step 6 which explains what to do in detail, and even says why.

If you don't need this level of accuracy in your controls, why not simply stick to FS defaults? You seem to have decided to use FSUIPC. Why did you make this choice?

Next: Do I have to assign now the 3 Axis under axis-assignment?

Obviously not, since you managed to calibrate them. If they weren't assigned they could not possibly be calibrated. You'd see no numbers changing! (You are using FS assignments, not FSUIPC assignments).

Regards

Pete

Thank you Pete!

I did joint the FS-dream-team flying Carrier Landing with Mr.Sludges F18 plane. with Fsx setting, I had a bad time lining-up, over controlling. With fsuipc, I do have a much better controlled flight. I wrote about this in their forum. Thanks again, best Regards. Herb

With fsuipc, I do have a much better controlled flight.

Good.

One last thing which worries me slightly. You said "I have a little input on all 3 Axis. Aileron, Elevator, Rudder" (my emphasis). Did you really mean that you don't seem to get a good variety or range of input values? Check the sliders in FS -- you should have the Sensitivity slider full right and the Null zone slider full left. You might also want to consider editing the FS CFG file and adding:

STICK_SENSITIVITY_MODE=0

to the [CONTROLS] section.

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete!

I put a little input on the 3 axis just for taking the screen-shot. I did set the sliders as per instruction and added Stick sensitivity mode=0. I will get Saitech Rudder Pedals, need analog Break for the F18. breaking with the trigger on the joystick don't work so good, It's on or off, nothing in between. There is a speed-break, I use this too. I should be fine now. Thank you for taking your time. Regards Herb

... need analog Break for the F18. breaking with the trigger on the joystick don't work so good, It's on or off, nothing in between.

Yes, but the way FS works with that "BRAKES" control is quite versatile. You "feather" it -- press it for a short time, on off, quickly. The longer you press it each time, the more the brake pressure builds up. When you release it, it decays. By repetitive presses you can maintain a particular desired level of braking. When you get used to how to work such brakes you won't really find analogue brakes that much more useful. You certainly shouldn't lash out on pedals just for the toe brakes -- the rudder control is usually more important.

Regards

Pete