The simFlight Network Forums

Error message in FSX with FSUIPC4

All of a sudden I am getting a error message when I load FSX, I don't know what is causing it to happen. How do I correct the problem and what do I need to furnish to get this accomplished?

post-79-128689721522_thumb.jpg

All of a sudden I am getting a error message when I load FSX, I don't know what is causing it to happen.

That is almost always caused by a clash in SimConnect between two programs or modules it is loading, and is related to a bug in the validity checking it does. It was really bad with the original version of FSX, and never fully corrected, but a work-around was implemented in either the SP1 or SP2 update to FSX (I don't recall which) which works most of the time. If your FSX isn't full up to date I'd advise applying the updates.

If it doesn't correct itself on its own (and it does usually), then you might need to shuffle the order in which things are loaded -- editing either DLL.XML or EXE.XML. But first, just try the easiest route -- re-run the FSUIPC4 installer. This will place FSUIPC4 back at the end of the DLL.XML, possibly then occurring after whatever new add-on you've installed.

Regards

Pete

Just press yes and it will run normally, the bug is in FSX not FSUIPC :wink:

Thanks for the suggestion, I did press yes and so far it seems to be working , the error message has not reappeared so far, if it does I will let you know, thanks again.