The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Is it or not needed

This is what I found at FSDs Fourm Posted buy Steeve Small I thought We needed FSUIPC to make things work?

First of all I would absolutely ditch FSUIPC which causes no end of problems for me on WinXP Pro.

It is frustrating when we cannot produce these (above) anomalies locally : we are still looking at them. We have done a lot more than most developers in getting our projects into FS2004 in spite of the non-existent SDK's.

There is no doubt already that there are a LOT of problems with FS2004 and they do not only relate to our projects. It seems to me like 2004 needed another three months in the development cycle but we're going to be stuck with these problems for another two years because of Microsoft's intent on throwing it on the market - irrespective of it's build state - for Oshkosh 2003.

This is what I found at FSDs Fourm Posted buy Steeve Small I thought We needed FSUIPC to make things work?

FSUIPC is designed first and foremost to interface external applications to FS. That's 95% of its job. The other stuff are additional facilities for controlling FS by new key presses, joystick button allocations, and some more previse joystick centering and dead zone settings. There are some "fiddles" for specific user needs. Virtually all that stuff has been added through user requests.

When someone says things like "ditch FSUIPC which causes no end of problems for me on WinXP Pro" I am amazed that someone would feel like that and never even once have the common decency to write to me about these problems. I use WinXP Pro every day, it is my main development platform. To go around slagging off someone else's software without even talking to them about their problems is not a nice thing to do. At least that is my opinion.

:cry:

Pete

Peter,

I would not bother yourself regarding the comments from FSD. I had a run in with them last night regarding blocking my download limit. I will not go into that here though, but all I can say is that I have never communicated with such an arrogant person before on the internet.

People here know that your software works, and if it doesn't you fix it. Also you do not play at god, an expect total praise all the time on your forum, unlike other's mentioned above. I think other people are getting a bit cheesed off as well. I am.

First time I posted her, but read the thread and thought it needed to be said.

Keep up the good work Peter, and for anyone else that may be reading who it may concern, I only give praise people to whom derserve it, like Peter Dowson who is not arrogant, but a darn site cleverer than me.

Thanks Peter again.

Anthony

(EGDC)

I would not bother yourself regarding the comments from FSD.

Thanks, Anthony, for your very kind words. I will certainly try not to bother. It always concerns me when someone thinks there's a problem but who has not discussed it with me. I hate there to be problems. They keep me awake at night! When there are problems I cannot imagine it is even worse! :roll:

Ah wellI will plod on and concentrate on the ones I know about.

Thanks again,

Pete

Hi Peter,

My first post here. Absolutely do not worry about Steve Small. He is an arrogant chap who seems to think he is the Australian expert on all things Flight Simulator. Must be nice to be able to second guess the Microsoft team regarding the readiness of the new version. Steve seems to think that because he tweaks aircraft.cfg files he knows everything about everything.

You are always professional Peter, do not waste another second of your valuable time worrying about his opinions and ramblings. Keep up the good work and thanks for all your assistance in the past.

John Hnidec

Hello John

It's nice to see you are still around, hope you remember me, Anthony N.devon UK. We had some great times emailing regarding the FSmax. Seeing that you echo the words I have said, it must be correct what I think of, Steve Small, tries to let your side of the world down, but we know better.

If you still have my emmail address drop me a line,

Oh, and bloody come back :(

Anthony......

Hi Peter I must be honest here and tell you I posted this for my own reasons I to have had problems with this guy and I have now bean refused all product suport because I hurt there feelings over there But I could not stand buy and see this guy say the things he did with out you knowing what was said. Your on a difrent plain than this guy and he and his work is not worth your loss of sleep

All the Best Dale

It seems that FSD is asshamed of what thay say now Im blocked from there site this is what I found .

You are not authorized to view this page

You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the http://www.fsd-international.com home page.

You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden

Internet Explorer

LoL Dale

Dale

After heated emails last night, I ended up telling them to take my details off their server, I don't want their stuff now, I will stick to Dreamfleet, the proffessionals, in all way's.

I wonder if we should stop this as I don't want to upset Peter, I was going to put a link to here from AVSIM so people can see what is going on with them. But I thought better, although still tempted. I would like to have posted somewhere the aggresive emails I had from them when I was just asking a simple question, but no lets get on with flying. It's them that have shot themselves in the foot over all of this.

I will stop now Peter,. thanks for the space :wink:

Anthony........

I wonder if we should stop this as I don't want to upset Peter

Well, it isn't exactly upsetting me, not now I know what's going on, but on the other hand this isn't really a place for moaning about other places so perhaps it ought to continue elsewhere?

Thanks guys!

Pete

Hello to Anthony and Peter,

Anthony, how could I forget you :D, indeed lots of tooing (is that a word) and frowing (or that). Time goes quick doesn't it?

Peter, officially out of the commercial FS world for a period of 12 months, we are now about 4 months into that. Once us poor peasants in Australia finally get FS2004 I can have a play (first) and then see what's what. From what I read it seems that Microsoft have thought of just about everything, it is really getting hard to come up with good stuff nowadays. Maybe some thought driven or brainwave driven navigation system, however I think the shareware cost of $1 million per copy might exclude a few of us :)

Nice chatting with you guys, I certainly miss the good fun (don't miss the sleepless nights though).

Take care all

John

• 1 month later...

Pete,

I was not even yet a customer of FSD when they banned me from the forums. I had been doing some research on the support issues I had heard about when I posted the question on FSD forums, this is what I received from them.

Mr Hostetler,

I have a problem with your posts. I absolutely will not tolerate a non-user using our forum to make inferences and express "concerns" about our integrity. You have had ample feedback from other users to indicate we are honourable and supportive people, yet this clearly is not good enough for you because you are at it again today.

You are again making inferences we are less than honest expressing 'concerns' that posts have disappearedsuggesting that we are an underhanded group of developerswhilst the only 'problem' is that you do not read so well. I could fairly ask if you have an agenda in making these posts.

Well, mate, we are neither deceitful, conspiratorial, or dishonest.

The bottom line - for you ? We don't need customers who are incapable of showing respect to honest, industrious folks like us BEFORE they become customers and I'd prefer it if you stayed a non-customer.

Your forum posting privileges are hereby revoked. The most recent of above posts have been removed. You can file this message along with your other papers on conspiracy theories and black helicopters.

Yours,

Steve Small

http://www.fsd-international.com

Really professional huh?

Pete,

The bottom line - for you ? We don't need customers who are incapable of showing respect to honest, industrious folks like us BEFORE they become customers and I'd prefer it if you stayed a non-customer.

Yes the bottom line here is the word "respect", I remember being told this when I was young, respect policemen and school teachers, and parents.

But not people who think they are "GOD" :D

They are still at it then.

Dreamfleet have good aircraft