The simFlight Network Forums

Tickertape 1 line messages not staying hidden

Hi Pete,

I just bought FSUIPC but I'm having problems hiding the green 1 line messages in FSX.

Even though this option is checked in the FSUIPC menu, the 1 line messages crop up now and again.

For example I sometimes see ATIS weather notifications, REX or ASE notifications as well as the open/ close door notification.

I use ASE or REX for weather and always use Radar Contact for my flights.

What do I have to do to completely get rid of these 1 line notifications?

Thanks,

Toby

Sim Market Order 646634

I just bought FSUIPC but I'm having problems hiding the green 1 line messages in FSX.

Even though this option is checked in the FSUIPC menu, the 1 line messages crop up now and again.

In FSX and ESP the displays from add-ons can only be hidden if they are produced by via FSUIPC facilities. Those instigated by programs using SimConnect directly cannot be suppressed.

For example I sometimes see ATIS weather notifications, REX or ASE notifications as well as the open/ close door notification.

I use ASE or REX for weather and always use Radar Contact for my flights.

REX and ASE both interface directly to SimConnect. FSUIPC has no control over them.

What do I have to do to completely get rid of these 1 line notifications?

See if the programs have options to suppress them. If not, it would be a good idea to ask the producers to add such options in future.

Regards

Pete

What about supressing the open/close door and FSX ATIS messages?

Not sure about those. FSUIPC has no way into them, but I've not seen them. I think you can turn off ATIS text messages in FS -- I never seem to get them, but I do get the ASE messages telling me it is refreshing weather and so on. Generally it doesn't bother me as the top of the projected screen is above the cockpit window I look through and I'd have to lean forward to see up that far.

You might be able to select the message window they occur in, re-size it and move it. I'm not sure about that, but if so you could move it off-screen, or at least make it inconspicuous.

Regards

Pete