The simFlight Network Forums

a few fixes

hello pete,

i just want to first say that i really like your product, thank you for the work you put into it. i was wondering if you could help me with a few problems i am encountering. i purchased a saitek pro yoke and throttle and rudder pedals, and a registered copy of fsuipc...

1) the brakes would stick would depressing them, and i tried all the fixes i could find, but sometimes it still would lock when they shouldnt....i installed the saitek software and this corrected this

2) however, after i installed the saitek software, i noticed that not all the buttons in the fsuipc would work. for instance, in my pmdg 737, the buttons for the autobrake will not work...they are assigned correctly in the fsuipc, and removed from FS9 assignments. it works in most other models, but not pmdg, so that might be a pmdg problem

3) when in the assignment panel of fsuipc, the button i am trying to assign doesnt stay selected, but rather jumps around

4) now i notice that my autobrake (which is assigned to button C1 in the saitek yoke) will randomly engage. again, it is not assigned anywhere but fsuipc, so i am not sure.

any advice will help, as i am sure it was merely me messing up the installation somehow. thanks so much!!

1) the brakes would stick would depressing them, and i tried all the fixes i could find, but sometimes it still would lock when they shouldnt....i installed the saitek software and this corrected this

Ask Saitek about that if you need to. I cannot support Saitek equipment.

2) however, after i installed the saitek software, i noticed that not all the buttons in the fsuipc would work. for instance, in my pmdg 737, the buttons for the autobrake will not work...they are assigned correctly in the fsuipc, and removed from FS9 assignments. it works in most other models, but not pmdg, so that might be a pmdg problem

Most of the PMDG aircraft do not use standard FS controls. Check their documentation -- you might need to assign keystrokes instead, or use the mouse.

3) when in the assignment panel of fsuipc, the button i am trying to assign doesnt stay selected, but rather jumps around

In that case you may be one of those with a faulty Saitek yoke which apparently sends spurious button signals to the PC. You need Saitek support. I can't help I'm afraid.

4) now i notice that my autobrake (which is assigned to button C1 in the saitek yoke) will randomly engage. again, it is not assigned anywhere but fsuipc, so i am not sure.

Unless the Saitek software is sending FS controls directly (or via FSUIPC offsets), it's obviously assigned somewhere, and you are getting erratic button signals. Check FS as well as FSUIPC.

any advice will help, as i am sure it was merely me messing up the installation somehow. thanks so much!!

You can't mess up FSUIPC installation, so I assume you mean Saitek. Really your best advice is to go to their support site. To reset FSUIPC simply delete the FSUIPC INI file before running FS. Then it is no longer a factor. Please sort things out with the Saitek gear before even bothering to use FSUIPC on it. I really can't support their hardware. Sorry.

Pete