The simFlight Network Forums

Question about controls 65000 / 66000

I suspect this isn't exactly the forum for this, however I can't find any other forum in which to addresses this subject.

Is there a direct correlation, conversion table or program to convert the FSX command numbers 65000/66000 to FSUIPC offsets?

I am trying to program a number of commands which are not listed in the FSUIPC setup program.

Thanks,

Jill.

I suspect this isn't exactly the forum for this, however I can't find any other forum in which to addresses this subject.

You appended this query to an Announcement trying to help folks with hexadecimal and binary numbers. I've moved it. In future please start a normal new thread for a new subject. Please always read what you are appending to to ensure it is appropriate!

Is there a direct correlation, conversion table or program to convert the FSX command numbers 65000/66000 to FSUIPC offsets?

There is no FSX "command" number 65000. They begin at 65536.

66000 is "Mixture4 incr small".

All FSX control numbers are listed in the document entitled "List of FSX Controls" which is installed with FSUIPC4 in your Modules folder, in the section containing the FSUIPC documentation.

I am trying to program a number of commands which are not listed in the FSUIPC setup program.

The "setup" program (you mean installer I assume) does not list any controls whatsoever. Where are you looking?

Regards

Pete

Hi,

Sorry for Posting in the wrong area. It's my first time.

My question relates to any correlation between your offsets and the FSX numbers.

I stand corrected as my reference to the 65/66 #s was a general reference and actually meant 65536- 66487 more or less.

There seem to be some codes there which are not in FSUIPC and I was wondering what, if any, the conversion was?

As for precise commands I'll check the precise get back to you. I'm interfacing with DoDoSim and getting a later release from Simon.

Thank your for your attention,

Regards

JILL. 8)

My question relates to any correlation between your offsets and the FSX numbers.

There's no correlation. It's like comparing apples and opanges. They are different things. FSUIPC offsets are references to values, or repositories for values. FS controls are just numbers which get sent (or posted) to FS in order to action something. In other words offsets represent data whilst controls represent functions or actions.

There seem to be some codes there which are not in FSUIPC

What do you actually mean by that? Sorry, I don't understand -- it doesn't make sense to me.

and I was wondering what, if any, the conversion was?

There's no conversion. You can't really convert data into functions or vice versa (well, unless the data is a program, in which case the conversion is by a compiler -- but i don't think that's what you mean! ).

Maybe you ought to work out what the real question is? You seem to be getting a bit lost on terminology.

Regards

Pete